2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fan in right field at Wrigley reached over the basket and deflected a ball that Cliff Floyd would of caught. Guess the baskets don't stop everyone.

The half inning before that Derrek Lee hit, what could of been, a homer, but a fan dropped it and it fell back on the field and the umps only gave him a double.

It was crazy watching the guy lean that far over the basket to deflect the ball. Too funny!

Edited by Brian

Good thing they have a basket at Wrigley...there's been 2 balls today touched by fans hanging over the basket. One on a double by Lee that was called correctly, and another fly ball to right where Floyd had a chance to catch it and it appears to have skimmed the hands of a fan hanging over the basket.

What a joke of a ballpark.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Some fan in right field at Wrigley reached over the basket and deflected a ball that Cliff Floyd would of caught. Guess the baskets don't stop everyone.

The half inning before that Derrek Lee hit, what could of been, a homer, but a fan dropped it and it fell back on the field and the refs only gave him a double.

It was crazy watching the guy lean that far over the basket to deflect the ball. Too funny!

That was far from a would have caught for Floyd.

And don't ever call them refs again...

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
Marlins Right Hander Josh Johnson has completed a AA rehab assignment recovering from an irritated nerve in his pitching arm. He will rejoin the team this week, and will make one AAA rehab start, this coming monday at the Chicago White Sox.

That reads like his AAA start is against us. :P

Which ya know, yeah, sounds about right.

Or maybe it was supposed to mean will be against our AAA team? :huh:

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 11:17 PM)
He's starting against the White Sox on Monday. That would be an insult directed at the team the Pirates just embarassed.

The white sox are the best team to start your rookie and newly recovered pitchers. Our hitters dont make adjustments during the game.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
Prince Fielder has 24 home runs? s***

25, led off the 9th with an inside the parker. Yikes. Brewers come back and tie it off Nathan in the 9th.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 02:22 PM)
25, led off the 9th with an inside the parker. Yikes. Brewers come back and tie it off Nathan in the 9th.

Prince Fielder legged out an inside the park home run? You have got to be kidding.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 06:59 AM)
Willie Bloomquist hits an inside the park homer and nothing? I'm disappointed, especially in you, Wite.

meh, I had no internet access all weekend, otherwise I would have been slurping him something silly

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 02:22 PM)

Holy crap...they were up like 6 or 7 runs earlier today (was watching the game for a bit).

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
I'm really interested to see what Hamels does against the Indians tomorrow. I hope he does well because he's my favorite NL pitcher and he's on my Fantasy team but I'm somewhat curious how he'll do as Cleveland is nasty. So's Hamels, though.

Taking my favorite pitcher who everyone knows I have a man crush on huh...? You ass. :P

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
Taking my favorite pitcher who everyone knows I have a man crush on huh...? You ass. :P

The player in your avatar might just be my favorite player of all time. Funny thing is, I didn't even know it until I realized that this is most likely the last season I'll ever see him in a Sox uniform.