2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Brian @ May 17, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
Anybody else who has MLB.TV sick of the Dick's SPorting Goods commercial they play every break? Especially the dumb Yankee fans saying, "It's about doing what it takes to win!"

Beyond sick. Tonight my connection is cutting out a lot, so I get it every time I restart, besides every regular game break. I just wrote an email to MLB a half hour ago, which will accomplish nothing, but is at least cathartic.

I'm more annoyed by the Boston fan. "Neva eva." Just had to restart again, mfers. There's not a single West Coast team in the commercial -- I'm wondering if everyone sees the same spot.

Edit: Actually, my connection is cutting off EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK. This is really starting to annoy me.

Edited by jackie hayes

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 17, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
Mine too, and now it won't work at all.

I emailed twice and called. Just got the standard bs. Still happening, though. Every single commercial break. At least I'm not getting the Dick's commercial when I restart, though.

Matt Kemp continues his douchery

Baseball America Dodgers correspondent Tony Jackson reports on a fight between Dodgers prospects Matt Kemp and Delwyn Young that occurred before Thursday night’s game at Portland.

Both Triple-A Las Vegas players were apparently suspended one game each for the altercation. This isn’t the first time Kemp has been involved in such a situation, as he got into it last May while at Double-A Jacksonville in a game at Birmingham, where then-Barons manager Chris Cron pulled his team from the field after the seventh inning.

Why did it take them until about the 8th guy in line to call up this Clippard kid (they being the Yanks)? He was the most impressive guy they have called up other than Hughes, he's quite young still and had a pretty good fastball and change and REALLY good breaking ball. And he did it in a tough spot against a tough lineup in a pressure game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 20, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
Why did it take them until about the 8th guy in line to call up this Clippard kid (they being the Yanks)? He was the most impressive guy they have called up other than Hughes, he's quite young still and had a pretty good fastball and change and REALLY good breaking ball. And he did it in a tough spot against a tough lineup in a pressure game.

Scouts don't like him because he doesn't light up the right numbers on their radar gun.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 18, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
I almost don't want to change games on mlb.tv just to avoid that Dicks Sporting Goods commercial.

Oh lord. I was trying to watch the sox game from earlier and everytime i'd click a half inning, i'd get that damn commercial...I think it's now embedded in my brain.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 20, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
Scouts don't like him because he doesn't light up the right numbers on their radar gun.

Hawk would tell you scouts know a lot more than that damn guru Billy Beane or any stat, so I take back what I said. The kid sucks.

an offseason favorite:

David Dellucci went hitless against the Mariners on Monday and is in a 2-for-21 slump.

The Cleveland version of Dellucci has hardly resembled the guy who finished with 879 and 899 OPSs the previous two years. He's at .230/.290/.336 for the season, and for the second year in a row, he's been a brutal player in big situations. He hit .185 with RISP last year and is at .133 this year. He's a remarkable 2-for-43 with RISP and two outs since the beginning of 2006.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
I almost don't want to change games on mlb.tv just to avoid that Dicks Sporting Goods commercial.

YES! Talk about annoying. Seems just when I think they can't find anything more irritating to have to put up with(HELLO Pac-Man!!), they drop this turd of a gem that we're forced to watch after changing games.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 23, 2007 -> 03:29 AM)
Rich Hill throwing BP

David Aardsma and Rich Hill both with some interesting stretches over the last two seasons. Both started off also, and then at the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007, they were the best at their position. Now, both seem to have lost velocity and command.