2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 03:44 AM)
Exciting win, but you can't feel that good after giving up a 6 spot in the 9th.

Uh huh...I hate those f***ers. This baseball season just gets worse and worse.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
Exciting win, but you can't feel that good after giving up a 6 spot in the 9th.

Wait till these fools drop down onto the neighborhood and start celebrating their win, by urinating on the bricks and houses in the neighborhoods, vomit, scream go cubbies, cubbies, yeah f***ing cubbies, vomit again.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 03:49 AM)
:lol: :lol:

I just have to laugh. Yes, they are in a terrible division, but it's amazing how excited Cub fans are about a 36-39 team.

They have a long, long way to go.

Yep, it's just disturbing to see them winning all of these close games now. If they had been having this type of luck earlier in the year, they'd be right up there with the Brewers. Now, they're getting every break imaginable.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 10:56 PM)
I'm just looking at it from a Sox point of view, and if this was my team, I would be upset about what took place tonight. Ya it nice to win these games that you blow, but to have the back end of the bullpen blow up on you like that is not a place I would like to be, at least if this team is supposed to be a contender.

I get what you mean, but the current sox point of view would be similar to the cubs fans tonight, we'd be elated we won a god damn game, the end. :lol:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 03:56 AM)
I'm just looking at it from a Sox point of view, and if this was my team, I would be upset about what took place tonight. Ya it nice to win these games that you blow, but to have the back end of the bullpen blow up on you like that is not a place I would like to be, at least if this team is supposed to be a contender.

Yes, but it's not like it was their closer who blew the game. Dempster's supposed to be back in a few days, I believe.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
All hell is breaking loose in Cubs game. Eyre/Howry gave up 6 runs in like 3 minutes to blow the lead, and a fan went out to tackle Howry after it.

Could you imagine what a huge story this would be if this happened at the Cell with a Sox fan? It's barely even mentioned anywhere.

I'm just mad that the Cubs are getting unexpected offensive performance from very odd places, like Angel Pagan and his 117 OPS+ and AAAA player Mike Fontenot and his 173 OPS+, not to mention a couple of guys on the pitching staff who are pitching much better than what they really are in Marshall and Marquis.

To be fair, though, Jacque Jones isn't as bad as he has hit in 200+ ABs for the Cubs so far and while I don't expect Pie to be a star as a rookie, I doubt he's as bad as he has been.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just mad that the Cubs are getting unexpected offensive performance from very odd places, like Angel Pagan and his 117 OPS+ and AAAA player Mike Fontenot and his 173 OPS+, not to mention a couple of guys on the pitching staff who are pitching much better than what they really are in Marshall and Marquis.

To be fair, though, Jacque Jones isn't as bad as he has hit in 200+ ABs for the Cubs so far and while I don't expect Pie to be a star as a rookie, I doubt he's as bad as he has been.

2007 Fontenot = 2006 Theriot = 2005 Cedeno

They have one every year. He'll be penciled in as a starter and be completely exposed.

Stoneman just wasted $6.5 million

Shea Hillenbrand was informed Wednesday that the Angels will designate him for assignment on Friday.

The Angels apparently will continue their attempts to trade him, but they haven't had any luck so far. The Yankees must figure that they'll be able to do better later on. And they're probably right. If Hillenbrand was half as good as he thought he was, he'd still be twice as good as he is. Kendry Morales should benefit most from Hillenbrand's departure.