Prayers needed for my new nephews and niece

southsideirish71

I dont know if this will help, but I have been driving myself nuts tonight with this and just hope that if anything helps, its worth it. I ask that you could keep my sister-in-law, my brother and my 2 new nephews and my niece in your prayers. My sister-in-law was rushed to the hospital today due to some complications in a high risk pregnancy. She was pregnant with triplets. She had all three tonight not much over 2 pounds, and they are in the NICU unit tonight and will be there for the next 2 months. The little girl is the highest risk out of all of them, being that she was the smallest of the three. Little girls are a rarity in my family, we waited 40 years for my first niece and we seem to be blessed with 2 more. One that was born tonight and My wife is pregnant with a little girl and she is 2 weeks behind my sister-in-law. We were just thinking at christmas on how great this will be to have our little girl and a set of cousins the exact same age, almost sharing a birthday. A week later and everything has changed. Our thoughts are now on making sure that all three of them come home in a few months.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:47 AM)
I dont know if this will help, but I have been driving myself nuts tonight with this and just hope that if anything helps, its worth it. I ask that you could keep my sister-in-law, my brother and my 2 new nephews and my niece in your prayers. My sister-in-law was rushed to the hospital today due to some complications in a high risk pregnancy. She was pregnant with triplets. She had all three tonight not much over 2 pounds, and they are in the NICU unit tonight and will be there for the next 2 months. The little girl is the highest risk out of all of them, being that she was the smallest of the three. Little girls are a rarity in my family, we waited 40 years for my first niece and we seem to be blessed with 2 more. One that was born tonight and My wife is pregnant with a little girl and she is 2 weeks behind my sister-in-law. We were just thinking at christmas on how great this will be to have our little girl and a set of cousins the exact same age, almost sharing a birthday. A week later and everything has changed. Our thoughts are now on making sure that all three of them come home in a few months.

You're a good friend of ours here and we all are pulling for you and your family.

Here is an update:

So far the babies are doing a good job fighting. One of them had some complications this morning with the lung collapsing, the little girl. However she has recovered from that is back getting a good oxygen mix. My father was able to see them this morning, and he says that they are very small, but the nurses told him that they doing a good job fighting, and are getting stronger.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.