Trailer park residents offered buyouts

sox4lifeinPA

Redneck Millionaires

The owners of nearly 500 mobile homes in one of the last waterfront trailer-park towns in South Florida stand to become instant millionaires if they agree to sell to a developer. But some are holding out, saying there are things more important than money.

like collecting insurance money every time a hurricane rips off their damn tin roofs?

nothing like redneck principle. Do these people not understand the point of real estate?

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 05:58 PM)
It'd be cool if they didn't sell. I love seeing people put community over money.

Trailer Park living.........or being a millionaire?

Trailer Park living........or being a millionaire

Trailer Park living...........or being a millionaire

If they want to live together so badly how bout take that money...................build nice homes elsewhere.........put the rest away for their future.

This is about as big a no-brainer as you can get.

Unless there's something else to this story like this developer having kinda run over one of their dogs (replace the word kinda with the word repeatedly and the word dog with son), I'm afraid I'm going to wind up with Nuke on this one.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
you are the craziest person I've ever e-known.

This is the craziest place I've ever been: The Community of Jesus

Why is being opposed to the thought of "this is a gorgeous place, a 300 room luxury hotel would look perfect here." crazy?

I wouldn't live in a trailer park on the ocean like that, but it appears to be a functioning community... and I think that's something worth valuing. Over a s*** ton of condos in a flooded market? Yes please.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 12:31 AM)
Why is being opposed to the thought of "this is a gorgeous place, a 300 room luxury hotel would look perfect here." crazy?

I wouldn't live in a trailer park on the ocean like that, but it appears to be a functioning community... and I think that's something worth valuing. Over a s*** ton of condos in a flooded market? Yes please.

Because you can buy the sweetest trailer ever with 1million dollars.

The couple paid just $155,000 for their home and now stand to make close to $1.5 million.

and

trailer and site he bought two years ago for $150,000. "This is my home."

Just some cheap trailers. We just went through this on South Padre Island, the County has a great RV park and public access beaches on the Island and wanted to sell it to a developer for hundreds of millions. The public was outraged and the land is staying open for public use and for the winter Texans and their RVs.

BTW, there wasn't any pictures but manufactured homes have come a long way. They range up to $1,000,000 in some ski areas to hundreds of thousands in other areas. I'd consider a $150,000 trailer on the beach with literally a billion dollar view. I'd rather have a well founded sailboat in the harbor.