Daily Sox Stumper

StatManDu

QUOTE(Beltin @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I am not mistaken, the answer to today's stumper was none other than Mr. Jorge Fabregas. Correct?

Indeed. I think poor Jorge thought he had the rug pulled out from under him by the Sox because he felt and I think was given signals that he was the backstop of the future.

Thanks for your interest.

Edited by StatManDu

QUOTE(StatManDu @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 11:36 AM)
Indeed. I think poor Jorge thought he had the rug pulled out from under him by the Sox because he felt and I think was given signals that he was the backstop of the future.

Thanks for your interest.

I remember that as well. A lot of folks were disappointed that that Sox let him go. I can not recall the circumstances when they parted ways, though. Was it through trade, expansion draft, free agency? Please fill in the blanks if you recall.

QUOTE(Beltin @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 01:12 PM)
I remember that as well. A lot of folks were disappointed that that Sox let him go. I can not recall the circumstances when they parted ways, though. Was it through trade, expansion draft, free agency? Please fill in the blanks if you recall.

Transactions:

Drafted - Selected by Cleveland Indians in 11th Round (267th overall) of 1988 amateur entry draft (June-Reg) ... Selected by California Angels in 1st Round (34th overall) of 1991 amateur entry draft (June-Reg) May 18,1997 - Traded by Angels with Chuck McElroy to White Sox for Chad Kreuter and Tony Phillips. Nov 18,1997 - Selected by Diamondbacks from White Sox in expansion draft (Pick #7). Jul 31,1998 - Traded by Diamondbacks with Willie Blair and Cash to Mets for Bernard Gilkey, Nelson Figueroa and Cash. Nov 20,1998 - Traded by Mets to Marlins for Oscar Henriquez. Aug 26,1999 - Released by Marlins. Aug 31,1999 - Signed as Free Agent by Braves. Nov 5,1999 - Released by Braves. Jan 12,2000 - Signed as Free Agent by Royals. Nov 1,2000 - Granted Free Agency. Nov 20,2000 - Signed as Free Agent by Angels. Nov 5,2001 - Granted Free Agency. Nov 19,2001 - Signed as Free Agent by Angels. Jul 31,2002 - Traded by Angels with Pedro Liriano and Johnny Raburn to Brewers for Alex Ochoa and Sal Fasano.

expansion draft