PS3

Chisoxfn

BestBuy.com is selling them online and shipping them immediately. The 60 Gig version is 599 (which is regular price). I returned my 360 and the two games I owned on it (NHL and Tiger Woods) and purchased the PS3. I decided its well worth it for the Blu Ray (plus it comes with the built in wireless and no xbox live subscription necessary...thankfully I didn't open my xbox live christmas present so I was able to return that too).

Thought this deserved a thread for whoever is interested (as I'm sure there are a few people that are fans of the new Sony system).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw like 12 on sale at best buy a week ago....store was full and no one was buying them. I'd have bought one...but i already got it, got one game(nba 2k7) and downloaded 3 demos.....Motorstorm(looks cool as hell) The F1 game(looks decent but not a big f1 fan) and GTHD...definitely getting that in 2008.

i saw like 12 on sale at best buy a week ago....store was full and no one was buying them. I'd have bought one...but i already got it, got one game(nba 2k7) and downloaded 3 demos.....Motorstorm(looks cool as hell) The F1 game(looks decent but not a big f1 fan) and GTHD...definitely getting that in 2008.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 02:38 AM)
don't do it for ebay if you're thinking about it, saw some go for under retail a couple weeks ago

Yeah, their fairly common now. Too bad the ebay idiots will ignore that.

I'm on vacation right now, but when I get home, I'll be spending all my off-time with Resistance.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 09:22 AM)
Especially since the samething happens time and time again. You think people would figure this out.

Easily my favorite one was the original Tickle Me Elmo. Those things were selling for a ridiculous amont over retail, and about 2-4 weeks after X-Mas they were on the shelves at all toy stores. It was all for a toy for kids who could never appreciate how much their parents went through and paid to get it. Basically the parents wanted to tell their friends that they go their kids one...

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 09:24 AM)
Easily my favorite one was the original Tickle Me Elmo. Those things were selling for a ridiculous amont over retail, and about 2-4 weeks after X-Mas they were on the shelves at all toy stores. It was all for a toy for kids who could never appreciate how much their parents went through and paid to get it. Basically the parents wanted to tell their friends that they go their kids one...

The TMX elmo was doing the same thing earlier this year. I don't think the hype got quite as big as the original one though.

When the original came out we bought one for my daughter in August. Just picked it up off the shelves and didn't think anything off it. Then suddenly a couple of months later people are fighting in stores over the damn things and selling them in the newspaper for $100.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 09:22 AM)
Especially since the samething happens time and time again. You think people would figure this out.

I was saying it when I heard people talking about how they planned on waiting in line for days to get one. It's like the guy that goes flying past you at 60 MPH just so he can stop at the same exact red light 8 seconds sooner.

I laugh at those idiots too. :D

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
When can we expect a price drop? I want to pick one up but I can certainly wait a little bit if the price is going to drop in the next couple months..

Not for atleast a year, IMO. And I wouldn't expect one by then either, although I could be entirely wrong.

Anyway, I'm getting mine all hooked up as we speak.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
Not for atleast a year, IMO. And I wouldn't expect one by then either, although I could be entirely wrong.

I would agree, don't expect a drop for a while. I've seen numerous reports of Sony losing $200-$300 per unit sold even at the current price, so until the price of the components come down a bit it's not too likely to drop.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
I would agree, don't expect a drop for a while. I've seen numerous reports of Sony losing $200-$300 per unit sold even at the current price, so until the price of the components come down a bit it's not too likely to drop.

Look at the 360 for example, they were losing about the same as Sony per console, a little less.... and their systems still havent gone down. So yeah id agree with the statement it wont go down for a long time.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)

Aw, poor little Sony. Any reports on how much they are making per game cartridge? I didn't think so.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 07:58 AM)
Aw, poor little Sony. Any reports on how much they are making per game cartridge? I didn't think so.

Well, the profit/cost ratio on the software is of course a lot higher, that's where they really make their money. Still, that's a hell of a hole to makeup right now, especially with the rather limited array of games out right now. Even assuming 100% of the retail cost of games is profits every PS3 owner would have to buy 4 of them to get into the black, and that doesn't count the cut that retail stores and game designers take in either.

However, they can easily make that up once the full game library is there, and the cost of components will eventually come down (if I read correctly Microsoft is making like $70 per console now).

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 01:02 PM)
I haven't tried the multiplayer stuff yet, is it worth giving it a shot? I've been stuck on the single player mode. Great, great game for the ps3.

I've barely touched the single player mode. I LOVE playing capture the flag online.

There are other modes too. If you just like killing people, there's deathmatch with up to 40 players. There are also other modes, but I can't tell you much about them because I haven't really played them.

Edited by BobDylan

Not that impressed and as such I sold the damn thing on ebay (made 50 bucks) and picked up a 360. Oh and if anyone is interested in wireless controllers, cosco and circuit city are selling them for 38.99 and 39.99 respectively (which is 10 bucks off the normal price of 49.99).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 11:08 PM)
Not that impressed and as such I sold the damn thing on ebay (made 50 bucks) and picked up a 360. Oh and if anyone is interested in wireless controllers, cosco and circuit city are selling them for 38.99 and 39.99 respectively (which is 10 bucks off the normal price of 49.99).

not impressed with a system who's best games don't come out until mid to late spring. It's been out for 2 months.