STOA: Breaking Down the Recent Moves

Chisoxfn

Download the Show

Mario and Jason are back for their second off-season show. In this weeks episode they discuss the recent change in philosphy made by one Ken Williams and the end result of that philosophy (two starters being dealt for prospects). In addition they talk about one of the most sensible moves of the off-season, one that was made by GM Ken Williams. Oh and Jason and Mario were so jacked up for the show that they end up spending about 5 minutes on some other Chicago Sports teams!!!

Download the Show

Streaming Version of the Show

Best pitching stacked farm system in baseball? its good but not the best. Maybe left handed pitching spec's in baseball; but even then you have the dodgers with Clayton Kershaw & Scott Elbert.

As for the best pitching stacked farmsystem in baseball and possibly best farm system overall after they deal the big unit imho its going to be the yankees, hate to say it but its true.

Hughes, Sanchez, Chamberlain, Betances, Clippard, Kontos, Garcia, Kennedy, Norton, and then add in one or two of the following depending on how much $ the yankee's send to AZ Nippert/Owings/Ohlendorf

Then add in Tabata and Montero and i'm not even mentioning Cox and Whelan.

Stacked.

So, as far as I can tell you guys actually are wrong...Contreras, Garland, and Vazquez do not hit FA all at the same time.

Jose hits after 2009...this is the first year of his 3 year deal. The first year of Garland's 3 year deal was last year. Both Garland and Vazquez hit FA at the end of 2008, and they still have JC for 2009.

Please don't be offended, but I'm avoiding this episode like the plague.

I'm completely tired of B-Mac trade talk, and I'm assuming that "the recent moves" include a fair amount of McCarthy trade discussion.

I stay out of the McCarthy trade threads, and I'll stay away from this show.

I'll be back for the next episode, unless you do "B-Mac Part Deux".

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 08:07 PM)

I'm completely tired of B-Mac trade talk, and I'm assuming that "the recent moves" include a fair amount of McCarthy trade discussion.

If you call my hotline I'll tell you which former world champion is dead, and I'll give you the SCOOP~! on the B-Mac trade. :P

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 08:07 PM)

Heh heh .......... definitely have to download some of this stuff

Again, late to getting a chance to listen, but I finally got to check out the greatness that is STOA.

The trades were pretty interesting. I’m not disappointed with either of them, but I’m not blown away by either trades. The trades send mixed messages about what direction we’re heading. However, I think we still have the opportunity to compete, while re-tooling for the future.

Good points Jason, and crazy beginning for you throwing the curve ball on your opinion of the trades. :lol:

And though it’s nice having a power pitching bullpen like that, I agree with what you said Mario. I would like a pitcher or two that are a little more finesse and bring something else to the table to bring some variety to the pen.

I agree about Buehrle’s future, if he’s going to demand the same kind of market pitchers have gotten this winter. You guys are right about it not being worth considering giving a pitcher over four years.

Mario’s reaction to Jeff Weaver, and good call on rebuilding/f***ing up Jas, it is for losers. :lolhitting

And about Soriano checking the scoreboard, I remember Timo was a big advocate of this as well. He would always watch replays of himself on the board, after making a play in the OF.

Your rants at the end were great. You should close every show like that. :lol:

Hahaha, great job guys.