Jim Parque attempting a comeback

maggsmaggs

beaten to the butter response :(

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 06:28 PM)
I trust MLBTradeRumors about as much as I trust my mother on rumors. Who knows how true it is. I always liked him.

I think all they do is look around newspapers, maybe some radio stations or ESPN, and just report things already reported by someone else.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
beaten to the butter response :(

I think all they do is look around newspapers, maybe some radio stations or ESPN, and just report things already reported by someone else.

No that's rotoworld/prosportsdaily. The guy at mlbtraderumors.com is constantly claiming 'inside information' along with other s*** he gets from the mainstream media.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 06:16 PM)
Damn that was a tough night. Down 10-0 after 1 inning. LOL. I can't remember, did Cameron hit all 4 off Parque?

About 99% sure #1 was hit off of Jon Rauch

EDIT: wite = winnar

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B05020CHA2002.htm

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
2 in the first inning off Parque and another off him in the third. The 4th came in the fifth inning off Rauch.

Damn you editing your post. :angry:

I was at that game. That's when Cameron and Boone Both went back to back jacks TWICE in the first inning. I think it was the first time in history it was ever done. Cameron hit 4 jacks that day, and when he put the 5th one on the warning track, The Cell gave him a HUGE ovation! And why not? We were down by 7,000,000,000, runs anyway. We saw history the first inning. Why not see history made twice in the same game by being the first to hit 5 jacks in a game? It's a shame it didn't happen.

On a different note, somebody quote me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that also Rauch'e ML debut? Can't remember!!

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
I was at that game. That's when Cameron and Boone Both went back to back jacks TWICE in the first inning. I think it was the first time in history it was ever done. Cameron hit 4 jacks that day, and when he put the 5th one on the warning track, The Cell gave him a HUGE ovation! And why not? We were down by 7,000,000,000, runs anyway. We saw history the first inning. Why not see history made twice in the same game by being the first to hit 5 jacks in a game? It's a shame it didn't happen.

On a different note, somebody quote me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that also Rauch'e ML debut? Can't remember!!

April 2, 2002 in garbage time

I loved it. Remember how much b****ing and whining Parque had been doing down in the minors? So the Sox brought him up, gave him a start and left him out there to rot. Classic.

Parque had one of the best "I just gave up a home run" moves in the Majors. As the ball sailed over the fence, he would put his hands on his knees, bend half way over and stare at his shoes. Sometimes the catcher would have to wait for him to look up again before he could throw him a new ball.

He's a little guy with a big heart and a big mouth, I've always wondered why they didn't shut him down and fix him when he hurt his arm, and it was obvious. He may have burned his bridges with management and the trainers by insisting he was OK when the whole world could see he wasn't throwing well. He was certainly a stubborn SOB in those years.

I hope his arm is better and he has a lot of success.

I was as well...my wife got us into a box so at least we got to eat well for the drubbing. But I remember being pissed because we got there a little late and missed the first back-to-back jacks. At least we got to see the other three. And when Cameron juuuuuusssst misssssssed that 5th hr, that was pretty sweet to see the crowd get up and cheer.