NUKE's war diary.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Back again to check in. Still nothing of any interest going on around here. It is still VERY quiet in our area and boredom is still our number one enemy. It's getting harder and harder to kill off these tedious 8 hour patrols, but the good news is that we're running out of them. On the 26th of March, we start handing over our sector to our relieving unit and a few days later we fly out of here and start heading home. Being pumped about all that is solely what is keeping us going nowadays.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back again. Well boys and girls, it's all over for me over here. All but the plane ride home anyway. We finished our missions off a couple of days ago and have spent the last couple of days alternating between loafing around and packing up all our stuff. This morning we signed over all our trucks to the new guys and now all I have to be responsible for is my rifle and that's it. My original flight date from Baghdad was supposed to be the 6th but it's entirely possible that we'll get that pushed up a few days so we can open up space in our building for the new unit. Obviously we're all pretty pumped about all this and even more so that we're safe now and not having to deal with these Iraqi's anymore. My next entry will be from U.S. soil.