AA Rotation

maggsmaggs

If Gio starts at AA, I think it looks like this:

Gio

Harrell

Russell

Egbert

Whisler/McCulloch/Liotta

Damn, that is some depth and we have guys like Liotta, McCulloch and even Clayton Richard who find themselves in high A. Our pitching depth is quite impressive, we don't really have a sure-fire #1 type pitcher, but we have a lot of potential 2-4's.

I don't get it, I know we have a lot of starting pitching depth, but starting pitchers are more valuable than relievers. Plus, Adam came into his own last year at Winston-Salem, it just doesn't make sense to me that a guy who really came into his own last year as a starter would shift to the pen.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)
I don't get it, I know we have a lot of starting pitching depth, but starting pitchers are more valuable than relievers. Plus, Adam came into his own last year at Winston-Salem, it just doesn't make sense to me that a guy who really came into his own last year as a starter would shift to the pen.

He never went long in any of his starts as it was. He was usually a short inning starter so his stamina wasn't spectacular and the org. thinks his stuff translates better as a reliever in the bigs.