computer help

soxwon

Im not sure if this is the forum to post this:

When i record mp3's off the internet- they go into my documents and settings- then my shared folder in the c drive

i then transfer them to my E drive (external harddrive)

Where i store them.

Afterwards i transfer them from E drive to my musicmatch jukebox in my c drive. meanwhile allways storing them in E.

ok now the problem, when i want to play them thru the Jukebox, alot of them say Broken Link. Why does this happen?

Should i start transfering them from my Shared folder directly to the Jukebox?

I dont want anymore broken links.

Please Help

QUOTE(soxwon @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)

When i record mp3's off the internet- they go into my documents and settings- then my shared folder in the c drive

Where i store them.

Afterwards i transfer them from E drive to my musicmatch jukebox in my c drive. meanwhile allways storing them in E.

ok now the problem, when i want to play them thru the Jukebox, alot of them say Broken Link. Why does this happen?

Please Help

I don't use Jukebox, but check your settings and make sure Jukebox knows that you are storing all your files in your E drive. Jukebox might be looking for your files in a different folder. Probably whatever they have set as the default. This is a common problem with iTunes.

QUOTE(soxwon @ Jan 7, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)

Where i store them.

Please Help

I think I am tracking this with you.

Step One" Download to C: drive (Limewire for example defaults to the shared folder) you take them from there and move them to your external drive. Again, nice idea. It's the next step where I think the problem occurs. I don't think the files are actually being transfered back to your C: drive. Plus I'm not certain why you would want to have two copies. If you want two copies, you could just keep one in your shared and backup to the external. Or move the file to My Documents and backup everything to the external.

I don't have Jukebox loaded or I could check the settings. I'd consider just pointing Jukebox to the e drive if you normally keep it installed.

What do you mean by transfer? You are actually moving the files back to C: or do you just mean that you are adding the files to the MMJB playlist?

I haven't used MMJB in a long time, but you should be able to open up an info box about each file in the playlist to determine what the current path is. Perhaps MMJB thinks they are still in the original folder that you downloaded to.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 04:28 AM)
I think I am tracking this with you.

Step One" Download to C: drive (Limewire for example defaults to the shared folder) you take them from there and move them to your external drive. Again, nice idea. It's the next step where I think the problem occurs. I don't think the files are actually being transfered back to your C: drive. Plus I'm not certain why you would want to have two copies. If you want two copies, you could just keep one in your shared and backup to the external. Or move the file to My Documents and backup everything to the external.

I don't have Jukebox loaded or I could check the settings. I'd consider just pointing Jukebox to the e drive if you normally keep it installed.

my MMJB is in my c drive i keep all my tracks in mmjb, the externals for storage.

i think ill put all my music in my c drive and keep backup in e drive

sound better?

QUOTE(soxwon @ Jan 8, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
my MMJB is in my c drive i keep all my tracks in mmjb, the externals for storage.

i think ill put all my music in my c drive and keep backup in e drive

sound better?

Doesn't matter which you call which. Just make certain you are actually transfering the files back to the C: drive.