Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
We got a dog Saturday!!! He is half german shepherd and half black lab. Our friend was going to take him to the no-kill shelter by us but we decided to take him and give it a try (see if he could acclimate to the house and us or not). So far, so good. His name is/was Mooka so we decided to change it to Pooka (based on http://www.irelandseye.com/paddy3/preview2.htm ).

That is the exact mix I had growing up. His name was Buddy. The day we put him to sleep was awful for me. Had him 10 years.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
We got a dog Saturday!!! He is half german shepherd and half black lab. Our friend was going to take him to the no-kill shelter by us but we decided to take him and give it a try (see if he could acclimate to the house and us or not). So far, so good. His name is/was Mooka so we decided to change it to Pooka (based on http://www.irelandseye.com/paddy3/preview2.htm ).

I leave for Philly early tomorrow morning though :( .

Oh and I almost totalled my car. I looked away for a split second and some idiot in front of the car that was in front of me slammed the brakes for no reason (no one was in front of them). Turns out the lady in front of me works in the same building I do and rode the elevator with me. She told me good driving in avoiding her and confirmed what I saw - the moron in front of us stopped for no reason. I am so angry at myself, but at least I recovered in time to avoid what would have been a horrible wreck.

Glad you're safe Queenie!

And I'm afraid we're going to need to see some pictures of the dog. He sounds adorable!!!!!! I love dogs.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 09:25 AM)
You whiners aren't the only ones dealing with the harsh winter weather. Hell, I almost couldn't wear shorts outside this weekend it was so nipply.

:)

The real test for me is if the Tevas have to be replaced with real shoes. :crying

No Shirt

No Shoes

No Problema :headbang

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
The real test for me is if the Tevas have to be replaced with real shoes. :crying

No Shirt

No Shoes

No Problema :headbang

I will say I'm cool with snow so long as I don't have to deal with 110 degree heat with humidity (which I occasionally actually do have to deal with). If it's cold, you can keep on adding layers of clothes. If it's hot, you get stuck sweating your ass off in underwear.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 06:13 PM)
I will say I'm cool with snow so long as I don't have to deal with 110 degree heat with humidity (which I occasionally actually do have to deal with). If it's cold, you can keep on adding layers of clothes. If it's hot, you get stuck sweating your ass off in underwear.

Both ends of the scale are a b****. The 100+ days of 100+ degrees down here can wear on you. I spend most of those months down at the Island so it isn't too bad. And like Chicago winters you go from a climate controlled home to a climate controlled car to a climate controlled office.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 08:11 AM)
Both ends of the scale are a b****. The 100+ days of 100+ degrees down here can wear on you. I spend most of those months down at the Island so it isn't too bad. And like Chicago winters you go from a climate controlled home to a climate controlled car to a climate controlled office.

POLL TIME!

Roland Hemond will be speaking at a charity banquet sponsored by the local independent league baseball team. I wasn't alive for most of his tenure as white sox gm, but i've heard a few of the stories. Rollie Fingers will also be there. Right now i have to work that night, but i'm hoping i can find a way to get it off.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 12:52 PM)
rumor that Anna Nicole Smith is dead

Anna Nicole Smith taken to hospital after being found unconscious and unresponsive in her Hollywood, Florida, hotel room, fire and rescue officials say.
CNN front page.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
CNN front page.

If I were to believe local sports radio hosts Boers and Berstein, she has since died.

What's important here is that national news outlets not jump to conclusions. You just don't spread false rumors concerning the death of someone of Nicole's stature. Hell, spontaneous vigels may be arising right now as I type this. :D

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 12:58 PM)
If I were to believe local sports radio hosts Boers and Berstein, she has since died.

What's important here is that national news outlets not jump to conclusions. You just don't spread false rumors concerning the death of someone of Nicole's stature. Hell, spontaneous vigels may be arising right now as I type this.

Did she put that many people in her will after the billionaire died?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 08:08 AM)
Today was the first morning in a week, that is wasn't below zero when I left for work. It was two degrees.

HAHAAAAA!!!!

It was FIVE degrees when I left my house at 3:15 AM!

...but I left my house at 3:15 AM, so did I REALLY win??? I think not....

:D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 9, 2007 -> 12:32 PM)
HAHAAAAA!!!!

It was FIVE degrees when I left my house at 3:15 AM!

...but I left my house at 3:15 AM, so did I REALLY win??? I think not....

:D

I left at 3:45. I think the conclusion must logically be that we are both losers. :bang