Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've fallen back in love with 2 beers: Newcastle and Grolsch(sp?)

Seeing as my fiancee lives in the UK, I've grown to drink Grolsch there all the time, and Newcastle alot when here in the States.

As for Waffle House...um eww? I wouldn't walk back into the Awful Waffle close to me if someone paid me to eat there.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
I've fallen back in love with 2 beers: Newcastle and Grolsch(sp?)

Seeing as my fiancee lives in the UK, I've grown to drink Grolsch there all the time, and Newcastle alot when here in the States.

As for Waffle House...um eww? I wouldn't walk back into the Awful Waffle close to me if someone paid me to eat there.

Wasn't a huge fan of Grolsch when I tried it personally. Newcastle is pretty popular with the Pommies though I think, and even down here, especially when you go to a British Pub here in Melbourne.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
I've been hooked on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for a while now. Out here a six pack of Miller Lite, in cans and at room temp is $6.50-$7.00. For an extra buck I can upgrade to Sierra.

That's a no-brainer!

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
That's a no-brainer!

Indeed. If I had to restrict myself to one everyday American micro, it would be Sierra Pale.

Bigfoot is out and about now, btw. Snatch it up while you can!

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
Would it be too much to ask for Capri Sun to throw an extra straw in the box? It seems like every other box I open only has nine straws for the ten delicious drink pouches.

I'm going to make a crazy suggestion here I know, but have you thought about rinsing off one of the old straws to keep around for just such an emergency??

I know that's always been my strategy for when I discover I'm down to my last rubber anyway. . . :unsure: :unsure:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 10:44 AM)
Indeed. If I had to restrict myself to one everyday American micro, it would be Sierra Pale.

I'm going to make a crazy suggestion here I know, but have you thought about rinsing off one of the old straws to keep around for just such an emergency??

I know that's always been my strategy for when I discover I'm down to my last rubber anyway. . . :unsure: :unsure:

I just go buy more garbage bags ?!?!?

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 09:37 AM)
Would it be too much to ask for Capri Sun to throw an extra straw in the box? It seems like every other box I open only has nine straws for the ten delicious drink pouches.

who still drinks these?

it takes like 2 sips for you to empty it.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)

Fine, I'll just save all the old straws. They're easy enough to clean.

Speaking of condoms, I just turn them inside out and give 'em another go. It's like new, and I get the pleasure of the ribs.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 10:44 AM)

Serving Bigfoot at the bar doesn't exactly make for responsible selling. Serve someone four pints of that and I should really call them a cab.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:12 PM)
Serving Bigfoot at the bar doesn't exactly make for responsible selling. Serve someone four pints of that and I should really call them a cab.

The folks ordering Bigfoot tend to know what they are ordering though I'd guess. If a bar will serve single malt scotch and such, I think serving Bigfoot and other high octane beers responsibly is easy enough.

You're right though, a few rounds of Bigfoot and you've had it.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
The folks ordering Bigfoot tend to know what they are ordering though I'd guess. If a bar will serve single malt scotch and such, I think serving Bigfoot and other high octane beers responsibly is easy enough.

You're right though, a few rounds of Bigfoot and you've had it.

When we had Bigfoot, if someone I didn't know ordered a second one, I'd give them a pint of water and a menu.

For the Bridgeport folk Phils pizza is finally moving into the sit down restaurant within the next few days.It only took them 20 years to upgrade from the lawn chairs.

Edited by shipps

So, I recently started quilting and I decided to tie the quilt I just made (as opposed to actually stitch the layers together) because I read that it was easier. Easier yes, but waaaaaay more painful--I couldn't get a good grip on the needle with a thimble so I couldn't use it. Ouch, 12 hours later and my fingers are still super sore--typing does not feel nice today. :(

Sure sign the world is ending, or I'm getting really old, my Dad, who practically lives in western boots, is now wearing Crocs. How did this become a phenomenon? Is it just a southern thing with our weather?

And while I am on consumer news, if a El Pollo Loco comes to your town, you are very lucky. Best damn fast food chicken anywhere.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
Sure sign the world is ending, or I'm getting really old . . .

I know where the smart money is on that bet. :D

Honestly, I know we're really not that far apart, age-wise. We're both in that group of people who grew up listening to actual LP records and not CDs.

Of course, I played my records with a turntable and stylus, and you played yours with a prehistoric bird attached to a victrola like Fred Flintstone used to. . .

:fight :fight :D

And while I am on consumer news, if a El Pollo Loco comes to your town, you are very lucky. Best damn fast food chicken anywhere.

My Spanish is rusty, is that "The Chicken Place" or "The Crazy Chicken"? :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 08:34 AM)
I know where the smart money is on that bet. :D

Honestly, I know we're really not that far apart, age-wise. We're both in that group of people who grew up listening to actual LP records and not CDs.

Of course, I played my records with a turntable and stylus, and you played yours with a prehistoric bird attached to a victrola like Fred Flintstone used to. . .

:fight :fight :D

My Spanish is rusty, is that "The Chicken Place" or "The Crazy Chicken"? :D

Crazzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyy Chicken!

Did you know it hurts really bad when you whack the side of your head on a steel pole? It bleeds too. To make a really good time out of the ordeal, you HAVE to experience a nose bleed where the blood is shooting out of your nose. Good times I tell you.