Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youtube.com has some of the weirdest things. Here are some Vietnamese kids, who defeated pirates, made it to texas via a gold ring under their tounge, and now jump rope for jesus. Its time to call it a night and go to bed.

Edited by southsideirish71

Wow...so the past 2 weeks I've been swimming 3-4 days a week and holy s*** is swimming tiring. I can run 3-5 miles a couple days a week without problem or play a full soccer game (1 and a half hour game with a halftime break) perfectly fine but I am dead after swimming about 10-12 laps (each lap being down and back).

On the bright side I've increased from the initial 4-5 laps that I could do. I should note that I am a horrific swimmer and this is the first time I've swam in god knows how long.

And did I mention my new found respect for swimmers.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 05:46 PM)
What's the best place to get a watch fitted and get a new battery in it? Should i just go to carson's or something or a real jewelry place?

I went to a Fred Meyer Jewelers in my mall, they weren't real expensive.

A lot of today's watches will only be opened by jewelers. Walmart, drug stores, etc. - won't touch them.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
Wow...so the past 2 weeks I've been swimming 3-4 days a week and holy s*** is swimming tiring. I can run 3-5 miles a couple days a week without problem or play a full soccer game (1 and a half hour game with a halftime break) perfectly fine but I am dead after swimming about 10-12 laps (each lap being down and back).

On the bright side I've increased from the initial 4-5 laps that I could do. I should note that I am a horrific swimmer and this is the first time I've swam in god knows how long.

And did I mention my new found respect for swimmers.

yeah, I tried that a couple summer's ago and you don't realize the amount of energy it takes out of you; but nothing feels better than relaxing after a good swim

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 01:40 AM)
I went to a Fred Meyer Jewelers in my mall, they weren't real expensive.

A lot of today's watches will only be opened by jewelers. Walmart, drug stores, etc. - won't touch them.

^^ That's your best bet. Whatever you do, DO NOT go to one of those little watch stands in the middle of the mall. Those people have no idea what they are doing.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 08:27 AM)
A question for the Soxtalk enviornmental wing...

Do they make the energy effecient lightbulbs in 3 way form (for the 50-100-150 lamps), and do they make them in a smaller form for things like ceiling fans?

Menards has a huge light bulb variety. I've bought 3 ways there but only for table lamps. I didn't even know ceiling fans were made with 3 way options.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
A question for the Soxtalk enviornmental wing...

Do they make the energy effecient lightbulbs in 3 way form (for the 50-100-150 lamps), and do they make them in a smaller form for things like ceiling fans?

They definitely do for ceiling fans (as ours burn out we're replacing them with the "new" ones)... but I don't know about the three way bulbs.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 01:33 PM)
Menards has a huge light bulb variety. I've bought 3 ways there but only for table lamps. I didn't even know ceiling fans were made with 3 way options.

I don't think he meant three way bulbs for ceiling fans... :bang

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 08:33 AM)

Ack, those were two different things...

3 way bulbs

And

smaller sized bulbs for ceiling fans

Sorry!

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 08:34 AM)
They definitely do for ceiling fans (as ours burn out we're replacing them with the "new" ones)... but I don't know about the three way bulbs.

Neither our Wal-Mart or Meijer has either. I'll have to try the home stores then...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 08:35 AM)
Ack, those were two different things...

3 way bulbs

And

smaller sized bulbs for ceiling fans

Sorry!

Then yes, and yes to both of your questions.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 08:35 AM)
Neither our Wal-Mart or Meijer has either. I'll have to try the home stores then...

Target or Menards. That's where I buy them. Menards sells ceiling fan lights in bulk. 12 pack I think is the biggest.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 08:34 AM)
I don't think he meant three way bulbs for ceiling fans... :bang

Then he should have been more clear.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
yeah, I tried that a couple summer's ago and you don't realize the amount of energy it takes out of you; but nothing feels better than relaxing after a good swim

Especially if you try doing things such as butterfly kicks (or dolphin kicks whatever you call it) for a lap or 2. Then you turn into the doggy paddle stroke . :D

It does really give your legs a really good work out though.

So, I was enjoying a couple of beverages with some friends at a place owned by another friend when a server came over to us with a big grin on her face. She says, "I kinda feel like a teenager laughing at this, but look!" She shows us a credit card slip which shows the first and middle initial and the last name.

B J Wiener

Made my night.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
Miss PA is now Mrs PA. Just FYI.

The word "Magnum" probably has little meaning around these parts :)

Congrats to you and Mrs. PA. I wish the both of you health, wealth, and happiness.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
Does anything suck more than nailing a job interview for a position that you really want....only to find out you didn't get the job.

*sigh*

Been there, done that. Even more so when it is a job you know you will excel at.