Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a cheap ass, but some of the food pricing around here shocks me:

The average price for a six pack of Miller Lite is $6.99 at the grocery stores around here.....in cans and room temp. Oh and the liquor stores don't carry wine. You have to get that at a grocery store or wine shop. Wierd.

Bought a medium size sandwich and a Gatorade from Togo's today, $9.86.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
In the C-Store in my dorm, a half gallon of milk costs $2.19. Talk about price gouging.

I love skim milk, always have I don't know what it is but the stuff is just so damn good. I can't stand 2%, it's like drinking cream. Disgusting.

I just thought you'd like to know this.

I go to school on a farm. I love the cows. We've got one with horns -- she's grumpy and aggressive. Well, we used to. She got sent away. She lifted me into the air from between my legs. Didn't catch me with her horns, not there, but it wasn't fun to have a horn in my thigh and buttcheek.

I've wrestled her a couple of times when she was charging around and thrasing. Just took her by the horns and settled her down.

I actually considered going to College somewhere with a rodeo team but decided against it. Real fun stuff, though.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 11:51 PM)
I love skim milk, always have I don't know what it is but the stuff is just so damn good. I can't stand 2%, it's like drinking cream. Disgusting.

I just thought you'd like to know this.

I think it's whatever you grow up with, perhaps. I grew up with 2%, and it doesn't seem 'thick' or nasty to me at all. Then when i taste skim milk, it tastes like s***. So who knows.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
I think it's whatever you grow up with, perhaps. I grew up with 2%, and it doesn't seem 'thick' or nasty to me at all. Then when i taste skim milk, it tastes like s***. So who knows.

The odd thing is everyone else in my family drank 2% when I was a kid, as did I. I made the switch around age 12 and haven't looked back.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
You think thats bad? My GF's dad, who is probably 5'6, 150, drinks whole milk. It like comes out as a solid.

Why doesn't he just inject it right into his arteries and cut out the middle man? Ugh, I've actually had a glass of whole milk before and as someone who prefers the thinnest form of milk, it didn't stay down long.

Yup, I grew up with 2% too.

On a side note, I now apparently go to THE Iowa State University.

Our former players are apparently also piggybacking off of other schools, as Ellis Hobbs apparently went the "The U" in Ames.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
The odd thing is everyone else in my family drank 2% when I was a kid, as did I. I made the switch around age 12 and haven't looked back.

Why doesn't he just inject it right into his arteries and cut out the middle man? Ugh, I've actually had a glass of whole milk before and as someone who prefers the thinnest form of milk, it didn't stay down long.

Whole milk actually does seem thick to me.

Also, I've caught myself staring at your sig for practically minutes at a time. If you did that yourself, well done.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 11, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
Also, I've caught myself staring at your sig for practically minutes at a time. If you did that yourself, well done.

Yeah, I started it the day after the Super Bowl, I wanted to make something for Spring Training so I created the sig and the logo in my avatar. I think I shifted into baseball mode sometime around the second Grossman interception.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 10, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
What a cute doggy! How old is she?

She's so adorable! Awwwww! How is she behaving?

He's somewhere between 4 and 5.

So far he has been great. He is starting to be more tolerant of the hamsters as well (i.e. ignoring them when we have in our room with us).

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 05:46 AM)
completely recockulous

I'd sue

As Apu once said "Hands off my Jerky Turkey". ;)

Can't really say Beef Jerky is big down here, you never see it anywhere. We're more peanuts and chips people down here, although the health food snacks are coming in thick and fast.

McDonalds is offering a happy meal with pasta and milk instead of a burger for instance.

Car got broken into last night.

Step 1. filed police report.

Then what? Call the insurance company? What type of insurance do I need have my $300 radar detector covered for?

Who fixes my glass? I was told to go to a car dealership, but then I heard people can come to your work an do it.