Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
I voted straight ticket democrat in yesterday's local Michigan City elections.

No Republicans running? ;)

Anyone read the story about the sidewalks on the Trib's main page today? Here's a reply that someone left regarding the story. Made me laugh because I feel the same way:

This is why I will never move to any republican podunk outside of the I-294 belt. I could, and will someday, write a book on the insanity of suburbanites. This one takes the cake.

Either be a farmer and live on an actual farm, or accept the facts of normal, modern development - such as sidewalks, neighbors, a little traffic, perhaps children playing; you know, the basics of living on Earth in the year 2007 with a 6.5 billion population.

This selfish, ridiculous attitude has been choking my great city of Chicago for over a hundred years. It's no different than the idiots in Bensenville who moved in and were surprised to find out that the world's busiest airport (well not anymore, thanks a lot) is right next door!

This conservative "fear" of pretty much everything is what makes American suburbia the ugliest form of development in the world, and one of the most pathetic and lifeless places to live. You cannot replicate the countryside in mass!

Good luck trying to get these social-phobes into mass transit or anything that would take our dependence off of oil either. Nothing but private air polluting, Iraq war starting, gas guzzling vehicles for these nut jobs.

And you wonder why your kids go crazy and come into the city for drugs or shoot up their school. It's simple, they go insane in your horribly failed attempt at re-creating the country.

-proud resident of Chicago

Edited by BigSqwert

That's a hell of a response, haha. I have zero problem with sidewalks. I especially like the one guys complaint about how it invites strangers. Yeah, sidewalks causing crime, now i've heard it all.

However, if I lived in a neighborhood with none and no real good reason for them, i'd probly balk at this as well:

"The village would have required residents to pay for 70 percent of the installation, roughly $60 a month for five years, Beck said."

60x60=3,600

Could be the wine, but I just picked up a Fender 250 Watt PA/Mixer for my camp and was looking for something to try it out with and grabbed my iPod Shuffle. LMAO at that tiny player in the middle of these cables and the volume :headbang

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 11, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
I have been watching the show Cash Cab on the Discovery Channel. Its kind of fun to watch. Its a fun concept, I wish the guy would come out to Chicago some time.

I've seen that. Sometimes I do good and sometimes I don't.

OK, I'm a dumbass (I know tell you something you don't already know). My wrieless mouse started giving me troubles. Skipping, freezing, etc. It happened about the same time I started sync'ing my PDA via bluetooth and assumed it was a port conflict, After troubleshooting for a week, I receive a pop up that the batteries on the mouse were "critical" fresh batteries solved the problem.

I offer this as a public service message :D

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ May 12, 2007 -> 01:12 PM)
I just stubbed my pinky toe, and it hurts like hell

Just wait till it happens again this week,I know that is the way it works with me.Good times.

Anyone know what is burning in the Oak Lawn/Chicago Ridge/Palos area? There has been dark smoke pouring from northwest of me for the last hour or so and I can't find anything about it online anywhere...

Alsip firefighters are on the scene of a four-alarm fire at Fox Lumber Yard at 111th and Cicero. Stay tuned for our news at 5:30 p.m. for details.

CBS2 is the only one covering this at the moment.

Edited by Queen Prawn