Texsox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ May 26, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)
281x211.jpg

byrd-04.jpg

I tried looking for a bad one of her and couldn't find one. I don't mean they don't exist because she had plenty of fugly moments this season.

I wouldn't say she's extremely hot, but she's definately not in the 5% either.

I think Iam now officially used to drinking diet pop.I thought I would never get used to the flavor but now I dont even want regular.Now if I can just drink it without a value meal attached.

QUOTE(shipps @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
I think Iam now officially used to drinking diet pop.I thought I would never get used to the flavor but now I dont even want regular.Now if I can just drink it without a value meal attached.

I quit drinking pop all together about 2 months ago. I used to drink an insane amount and just one day decided I was done with it.

Powerade has by far the best bottles of any drink around they use a thick plastic and won't bend in your hand like Gatorade or Propel bottel. One day last year I cleaned out a bottle and started filling it with water I carry that thing around with me where ever I go. I drink about 10 full bottles a day which equates to about 2.5 gallons.

When it comes down to it I really only drink 2 things, about 10 quarts of water and a quart of skim milk a day. I haven't had any sort of pop in about 3 months, I just have no use for it.

I had a very interesting drive home from work tonight.

I'm second in line in the left lane at a stop light, there's a car next to me and a car in front of each of us.

The driver of the car in front of the right lane gets out and walks to the car next to me with a gun in his hand.

I get the f*** out of there pronto, but all three cars soon go flying by me - I decide that a left turn is in order.

A little further south I see about 6 squad cars, lights on. I drive past to see them surrounding Mr. Handgun and his buddy.

That's the closest I think I've ever been to a pissed-off guy with a gun, and it's closer than I ever want to be again.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 29, 2007 -> 02:28 AM)
I had a very interesting drive home from work tonight.

I'm second in line in the left lane at a stop light, there's a car next to me and a car in front of each of us.

The driver of the car in front of the right lane gets out and walks to the car next to me with a gun in his hand.

I get the f*** out of there pronto, but all three cars soon go flying by me - I decide that a left turn is in order.

A little further south I see about 6 squad cars, lights on. I drive past to see them surrounding Mr. Handgun and his buddy.

That's the closest I think I've ever been to a pissed-off guy with a gun, and it's closer than I ever want to be again.

Yikes, glad you got out of there.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 29, 2007 -> 02:47 AM)
Yikes, glad you got out of there.

Me too, obviously. I was a little shaken up after seeing that s*** go down.

The thing I couldn't stop thinking about is I didn't even have my cell phone on me (I forgot to take it with me after re-charging it) - the first time I might actually need it and it's sitting on my computer desk at home.

Crazy what comes to mind when you get freaked out, isn't it?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 29, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
I really, really have cut back. The only time I really drink it is when I go out to dinner.

Other than that, its this stuff.

glaceau-multiv.jpg

if that stuff wasn't so expensive, I'd drink alot more of it.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 29, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
CNR.jpg

Dead

A Little Charlie Nelson Reily trivia for you:

He played the evil magician Hoodoo on the Kroft Brothers' Lidsville in 1971. Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster) pleyed opposite him as the teenager protagonist Mark.

As a kid, he survived the infamous Hartford, CN, Circus Fire in 1944, and from that day on he never sat in an audience again.

Oh, yeah, I think he also might have been a little gay.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 29, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
A Little Charlie Nelson Reily trivia for you:

He played the evil magician Hoodoo on the Kroft Brothers' Lidsville in 1971. Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster) pleyed opposite him as the teenager protagonist Mark.

As a kid, he survived the infamous Hartford, CN, Circus Fire in 1944, and from that day on he never sat in an audience again.

Oh, yeah, I think he also might have been a little gay.

How long have you had those facts rattling around, all alone in that brain of yours, waiting to use them?

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 31, 2007 -> 12:35 AM)
How long have you had those facts rattling around, all alone in that brain of yours, waiting to use them?

I remember watching Lidsville as a kid back in the day, and it was only a few years later that i realized the weird guy from Match Game was the baddie from that show.

I only just found out about the Circus Fire connection after Chas died, but reading it it jogged another bit of useless trivia I had tucked away about that American tragedy. There's a famous front page newspaper photo of Hobo Clown "Weary Willie" Emmet Kelly helping to try to put out the Hartford Fire, and that tragedy actually changed Kelly's make-up for therest of his career. The black teardrop that he always included in his make-up after that fire was his personal memorial to the victims.

So yeah, i do need to purge the cranial hard drive of all the clutter. :)

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 31, 2007 -> 12:19 AM)
I remember watching Lidsville as a kid back in the day, and it was only a few years later that i realized the weird guy from Match Game was the baddie from that show.

I only just found out about the Circus Fire connection after Chas died, but reading it it jogged another bit of useless trivia I had tucked away about that American tragedy. There's a famous front page newspaper photo of Hobo Clown "Weary Willie" Emmet Kelly helping to try to put out the Hartford Fire, and that tragedy actually changed Kelly's make-up for therest of his career. The black teardrop that he always included in his make-up after that fire was his personal memorial to the victims.

So yeah, i do need to purge the cranial hard drive of all the clutter. :)

All that ~and~ a PhD :notworthy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peshtigo_Fire

I never knew that on the same day as the Chicago Fire three other towns around Lake Michigan also were destroyed with this being the deadliest in history.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 31, 2007 -> 06:04 AM)
Hokey smokes. I was unaware of any of that as well. :o :o

Talk about a biased media. Chicago received all the press. It must have been the anti-Wiscoonsin bias. :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
A nickname as in a shorten version of a real name? It'll probably be Sal.

Right. And I agree. Though a different nickname has been given to this child and it makes no sense. I just want to see if anyone picks it.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 31, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
Right. And I agree. Though a different nickname has been given to this child and it makes no sense. I just want to see if anyone picks it.

Maybe if the family starts calling him by something else, and that's what the kid goes by it could happen, but to the layman, it will be Sal.