Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

So, you know what removes wallpaper borders and whatnot really well?

Joint compound. At work, we use it on borders to remove them. Let it sit for a little while, and it comes right off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)

Joint compound. At work, we use it on borders to remove them. Let it sit for a little while, and it comes right off.

A waste of perfectly good pot if you ask me.

Oh. . . wait, you didn't mean that kind of joint compound, did you??

:unsure:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)

What the hell is joint compound? What form does it come in? Liquid? Where do I get it?

Will it ruin the paint on the car?

Called a car wash who said they can remove it, but of course wouldn't tell me what they'll use cuz then I could buy the stuff myself and they couldn't charge me to do it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
What the hell is joint compound? What form does it come in? Liquid? Where do I get it?

Will it ruin the paint on the car?

Called a car wash who said they can remove it, but of course wouldn't tell me what they'll use cuz then I could buy the stuff myself and they couldn't charge me to do it.

It comes in big 5 gallon buckets, and it's basically glorified mud. I have no idea if it'll ruin the paint.

My boss said he was using some in his kitchen and accidentally got it on some wallpaper. He then noticed it sucked out the moisture and the wallpaper started to come off. We used it again at work yesterday and it worked like a dream.

We basically spread it on and let it sit for 10 minutes, and the wallpaper peeled off. We then washed the stuff off.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
It comes in big 5 gallon buckets, and it's basically glorified mud. I have no idea if it'll ruin the paint.

My boss said he was using some in his kitchen and accidentally got it on some wallpaper. He then noticed it sucked out the moisture and the wallpaper started to come off. We used it again at work yesterday and it worked like a dream.

We basically spread it on and let it sit for 10 minutes, and the wallpaper peeled off. We then washed the stuff off.

The car wash took care of it. They used some kind of solution, a mini buffer thing and finally a razor blade. They worked on it for abour 45 mins. There's still a shadow and some glue left, but the cowboy is dead.

Thx guys.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tried a combination off Goo Gone, Goof Off, WD-40 and the blow dryer and those stickers on the trunk ain't goin' nowhere. Guess I have to go to plan B which is to use some White Sox stickers as cover up.

By the way, one sticker reads: "Wyoming authentic and proud". The other one reads the same AND it has a pciture of a cowboy riding a horse in the background. C'MON.

I made a mistake of putting on some decals that ended up looking stupid and s***ty but was able to remove most of it with nail polish remover. Of course now I have some white streak that shows up after I wash it off so I decided to buy some new taillights for just under $400. They'll look badass though.

c5bcled01.jpg

DSC02289.jpg <--Not my car

Sometimes I am such a hypochondriac I swear I assume the worst with every little twinge that I feel.Is there many others like this?I dont even go to the doctor which makes it even more absurd.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
Sometimes I am such a hypochondriac I swear I assume the worst with every little twinge that I feel.Is there many others like this?I dont even go to the doctor which makes it even more absurd.

Who'd have figured Mario would be the tough guy and you the sis.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 10:56 PM)

I think that is natural. With all the sickness and illness' in the world, mixed with stuff being shoved down our throats on the news about what could cause cancer and everything else. You are not alone.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:34 AM)
I think that is natural. With all the sickness and illness' in the world, mixed with stuff being shoved down our throats on the news about what could cause cancer and everything else. You are not alone.

Not to mention all the tv commercials for new meds. If you listen to all of them, at some point you'll believe you MUST have something. 'Restless leg syndrome'??!! GMAFB.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:25 AM)
Who or what is Rihanna?

She's a singer who has a new song out called "Under My Umbrella"... It's quite awful

Edited by dasox24