What about Jacob Rasner

HoosierSox

QUOTE(HoosierSox @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:22 AM)
I was just curious about this guy. Does this guy have any potential or did Texas just throw him in the deal to get rid of him?

He was a 7th round pick IIRC, who struggled in A ball this season.

Think he throws around 90-92 MPH though, and there was something in a Phil Rogers piece a few weeks back which was interesting about him.

Expect better numbers in 2007 anyway.

Here's All I could find from Rogers on Rasner:

Danks, a 21-year-old Texan who was the ninth pick in the 2003 draft, is the fifth first-round pitcher the Sox have traded for since last March. He follows Matt Thornton, Mike MacDougal, David Aardsma and Gavin Floyd. Left-handers Gio Gonzalez (a compensation pick after the first round) and Andrew Sisco (a second-rounder) just miss this list. And even 20-year-old right-hander Jacob Rasner, seemingly just a body in the McCarthy trade, is a project with a high ceiling.

Toss in an article from Some texan site:

Jacob Rasner is listed as 6-5, 190. I'm a fan of selecting pitchers with the potential of filling out a big frame. He's kinda stunk so far, but he was a solid high schooler picked in the seventh round in 2005. In his case right now, don't pay too much attention to the numbers. Scouts like his arm, he throws in the low 90s. Anyway, that doesn't matter for Texas any more. Of the three, and I know his numbers don't show it now, this is the guy I wish the Rangers could have kept. But this is what happens when you trade players.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 12:47 AM)
Yeah that's what I was referring to from Rogers.

Rasner could be the guy that turns to Danks trade from a good one, to a great one.

I think Masset is the guy that turns this trade from a good one to a great one. If Rasner does anything of note, this trade turns into a steal.

• 3 weeks later...