Bonds failed a drug test last season

EvilJester99

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
We also have evidence of his best friend and trainer possessing steroids and Bonds admitting to using steroids (unknowingly supposedly.)

Your response was to WCSOX saying "it's how he treats people." It's obvious to see WCSOX is talking about Bonds in a negative light. WCSOX, do you think Bonds is a jerk?

I read your response as "you never met him before, so you can't have an opinion on him."

I don't get how what his best friend does equates to him being the worst human being who treats everyone he comes into contact with like scum... If Conte murdered someone does that make Bonds a murderer as well?

Yes, it was. And I was curious as to how he knows how he treats people.

You read much more than was there.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:28 AM)
Iam just glad I only have to hear her on these boards.She does a great job at making others feel like turd.But what woman doesnt?

Honestly, I don't ever speak to people in this manner in the "real world". I have yet to run into anyone who's thought process is as warped. I also don't run with folks who don't want to learn versus feeling attacked, or as you put it... like a turd.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 05:20 AM)
Honestly, I don't ever speak to people in this manner in the "real world". I have yet to run into anyone who's thought process is as warped. I also don't run with folks who don't want to learn versus feeling attacked, or as you put it... like a turd.

By learning you mean understand that your side of the story is right?Iam saying all this in playfulness by the way.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:03 AM)
Agreed that it's a shame, given that his God-given talent allowed him to become the greatest position player of our generation. He was a first-ballot HOFer before he started using that junk.

I see your point about his arrogance. Then again, I don't see how it makes him any more of a cheater than Sammy or Mark in their attempt to break Maris' record in '98.

We will never know if he was a first ballot, or even a HoF, without using steroids. OK, he isn't any *worse* of a cheater than Sosa or Mac. And your point . . . ? The only point I could make out of that is there are enough to create a Baseball Hall of Shame

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:57 PM)
I'm not even going to get into a pissing contest with you about all the "evidence" that "suggests" I'm wrong. For every bad story there's countering good ones.

Steph, I like ya, but you have to be on the same drugs as Bonds to believe that line. I can't remember seeing ANY good stories about Bonds. I bet it's higher than 30-1 bad vs good.

Bonds apologizes to Sweeney for amphetamines controversy

By JANIE McCAULEY, AP Sports Writer

January 12, 2007

AP - Jan 11, 10:33 am EST

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Barry Bonds came out publicly to make it clear his teammate and good friend Mark Sweeney had no involvement in the latest allegations against the San Francisco slugger.

He insists he didn't get any amphetamines from Sweeney. He also didn't deny using them.

According to a story in the New York Daily News, Bonds failed an amphetamines test last season -- and the newspaper reported that Bonds initially attributed it to a substance he had taken from Sweeney's locker.

"He is both my teammate and my friend," Bonds said in a statement Thursday. "He did not give me anything whatsoever and has nothing to do with this matter, contrary to recent reports.

"I want to express my deepest apologies especially to Mark and his family as well as my other teammates, the San Francisco Giants organization and the fans."

So not only is it not about getting busted taking drugs.. it's also not about throwing his teammate under the bus anymore...

Wonder what the next b**** and moan session will be about...

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 07:56 AM)
Steph, I like ya, but you have to be on the same drugs as Bonds to believe that line. I can't remember seeing ANY good stories about Bonds. I bet it's higher than 30-1 bad vs good.

Get some new glasses.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
I never said those reading this bit of news were dumbasses...

You've already made this point.

And you are correct, you didn't say everyone.

That's correct, you misrepresented what I said. Thanks for at least admitting that.

And I didn't say you needed that contact. I asked you to share your personal experience. If you haven't had one, a simple "I have not had one" would have been sufficient in response.

Why you would have expected me to have "personal contact" with Barry Bonds is beyond me.

Aside from that I'm going with personal experience over ignorance and generalization.

So, I suppose that all of Hitler's buddies in Nazi Germany in 1935 would've given a more accurate and informed account of his character than the "ignorant" professors who authored the history books decades later. :rolleyes

I'm not even going to get into a pissing contest with you about all the "evidence" that "suggests" I'm wrong. For every bad story there's countering good ones.

I won't argue with you there. The media conveniently overlooked a lot of bad stuff that Michael Jordan did. Then again, there have been A LOT of "bad stories" about Barry Bonds over the years, even by pro athlete standards.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 05:01 AM)
We will never know if he was a first ballot, or even a HoF, without using steroids. OK, he isn't any *worse* of a cheater than Sosa or Mac. And your point . . . ? The only point I could make out of that is there are enough to create a Baseball Hall of Shame

I'm assuming that Barry didn't start using steroids until the late '90s. I could be wrong about that, but that's what's generally believed.

I find it interesting that Bonds is now saying that he never singled out Sweeney. I don't understand how that news would've come out in the first place, unless somebody completely fabricated it.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
I've never called her a ditz, but with video evidence I think it's a safe bet that she's a slut, which I have said she acts like.

And would you mind pointing out to me where it is that I said he couldn't call him a jerk...?

people who arent sluts can make videos steff. thats a little ignorant doncha think?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 07:58 AM)

January 12, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Barry Bonds came out publicly to make it clear his teammate and good friend Mark Sweeney had no involvement in the latest allegations against the San Francisco slugger.

He insists he didn't get any amphetamines from Sweeney. He also didn't deny using them.

According to a story in the New York Daily News, Bonds failed an amphetamines test last season -- and the newspaper reported that Bonds initially attributed it to a substance he had taken from Sweeney's locker.

"He is both my teammate and my friend," Bonds said in a statement Thursday. "He did not give me anything whatsoever and has nothing to do with this matter, contrary to recent reports.

"I want to express my deepest apologies especially to Mark and his family as well as my other teammates, the San Francisco Giants organization and the fans."

So not only is it not about getting busted taking drugs.. it's also not about throwing his teammate under the bus anymore...

Get some new glasses.

as soon as you can show us about, well 29 more i think you'll be able to sway some opinions!

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)

January 12, 2007

Get some new glasses.

Steff..I'm not sure if you posted the above story as an example of a good Barry story or not...the way i first read it, it seems like that was the intent. If it was the intent then i got to say that apologizing for lying about a teammate and possibly getting that teammate in trouble doesn't qualify as a good story. If that wasn't your intent then carry on!!

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)
people who arent sluts can make videos steff. thats a little ignorant doncha think?

as soon as you can show us about, well 29 more i think you'll be able to sway some opinions!

I didn't say she IS a slut. I said she acts like one. Big difference.

29 more what? It's not my intention to attempt to sway anything here. I have a 6 year old niece and know that it's pretty much impossible to sway that mentality level just yet.

QUOTE(juddling @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 11:55 AM)
Steff..I'm not sure if you posted the above story as an example of a good Barry story or not...the way i first read it, it seems like that was the intent. If it was the intent then i got to say that apologizing for lying about a teammate and possibly getting that teammate in trouble doesn't qualify as a good story. If that wasn't your intent then carry on!!

No, it was my intent to shove it up the rear of those b****ing about his throwing his former teammate under the bus - which he apaprently did not do.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 10:39 AM)
That's correct, you misrepresented what I said. Thanks for at least admitting that.

I find it interesting that Bonds is now saying that he never singled out Sweeney. I don't understand how that news would've come out in the first place, unless somebody completely fabricated it.

I misrepresented nothing. You said all Bonds supporters. That's everyone who supports him is it not?

Go figure... someone printing something negative about Bonds that isn't true.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 11:31 AM)
I misrepresented nothing. You said all Bonds supporters. That's everyone who supports him is it not?

You claimed that I said that "everyone hates him [bonds]" as a general statement, which is obviously not true.

Go figure... someone printing something negative about Bonds that isn't true.

Is it inaccurate or is it just damage control? I honestly don't know.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
You claimed that I said that "everyone hates him [bonds]" as a general statement, which is obviously not true.

Is it inaccurate or is it just damage control? I honestly don't know.

Again, you are correct. Just everyone that isn't his supporter. Semantics.

Insert picture of the wall here...

Ouch, ouch, ouch....

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
No, it was my intent to shove it up the rear of those b****ing about his throwing his former teammate under the bus - which he apaprently did not do.

actually Steff...apology or no apology he threw his teammate under the bus. Why did he even mention the other guy's name at all??? If he isn't sure where the stuff came from he should have just said so...as usual..Barry has to blame someone other than himself. Personally, i would like to have heard the phone call between Barry and Sweeney after Bonds' initial statement. I hope he threatened to sue Barry for defaming his character. So much for being good friends.

QUOTE(juddling @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
actually Steff...apology or no apology he threw his teammate under the bus. Why did he even mention the other guy's name at all??? If he isn't sure where the stuff came from he should have just said so...as usual..Barry has to blame someone other than himself. Personally, i would like to have heard the phone call between Barry and Sweeney after Bonds' initial statement. I hope he threatened to sue Barry for defaming his character. So much for being good friends.

According to the articles on Yahoo, ESPN, and reports on Sports Center Barry never mentioned Sweeney's name, and never made a statement about the issue until yesterday. So where are you reading info that he did make a statement previously and implicated Sweeney?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 04:51 AM)
According to the articles on Yahoo, ESPN, and reports on Sports Center Barry never mentioned Sweeney's name, and never made a statement about the issue until yesterday. So where are you reading info that he did make a statement previously and implicated Sweeney?

Well, this whole story is just speculation anyways, right? Has anyone either than the New York Daily News(all other outlets used the NYDN story as their source) said that Barry Bonds failed a drug test last year and named Mark Sweeney as the drug provider? I dont think the MLB has come out and said anything yet.

Edited by kyyle23

C'mon guys, I wanna see Bonds get busted as an ass injecting steroid head as well -- but I'm not gonna get all upset that he was a meth-head. The tests for meth and steroids are apples and oranges.

And how many other players in the league likely used and/or tested positive for meth over their careers if they would have been tested? Please, save the pseudo-outrage for the moment Bonds really gets the egg on his face and they can prove the HGH/steroids.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 07:41 AM)
Well, this whole story is just speculation anyways, right? Has anyone either than the New York Daily News(all other outlets used the NYDN story as their source) said that Barry Bonds failed a drug test last year and named Mark Sweeney as the drug provider? I dont think the MLB has come out and said anything yet.

Correct.

I can't find the source of the MLB and ESPN initial reports other than NYDN, but it's clear that it wasn't Bonds that implicated Sweeney and though he didn't comment on it yesterday I'm sure he wasn't the one that implicated that he tested positive for anything either.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 09:35 AM)
Correct.

I can't find the source of the MLB and ESPN initial reports other than NYDN, but it's clear that it wasn't Bonds that implicated Sweeney and though he didn't comment on it yesterday I'm sure he wasn't the one that implicated that he tested positive for anything either.

"That was kind of a shock," Sweeney said. "I heard my name was mentioned. I didn't know who mentioned it. I didn't know how or why. I was angered and hurt a little bit that however it came out someone didn't know the facts. That happens in all walks of life. ... It's more frustrating for my family. That's who I'm frustrated for. I've learned to deal with certain situations."

Now that might seem like he didn't know Bonds said it - or maybe Bonds didn't even say it right? but:

Bonds released a statement Thursday night that he never got amphetamines from Sweeney, though he didn't deny using them. A first positive test is not made public.

"He is both my teammate and my friend," Bonds said in the statement. "He did not give me anything whatsoever and has nothing to do with this matter, contrary to recent reports.

Sweeney appreciated that gesture -- and felt it was necessary.

"From my side, I was hoping that (would happen). I understood that's what needed to happen," Sweeney said. "It's over and done with for now and we can move on. We can start talking about baseball. It's something that's said and it's unbelievable. You shake it off. ...

Sweeney felt it was necessary to have an apology from Bonds?? why would he want an apology for something Bonds didn't even do?

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
Now that might seem like he didn't know Bonds said it - or maybe Bonds didn't even say it right? but:

Sweeney felt it was necessary to have an apology from Bonds?? why would he want an apology for something Bonds didn't even do?

Sounds to me like Bonds was making it clear that Sweeney wasn't/isn't a drug user/supplier and that Sweeney appreciated it and felt it was an important point for him to make.

People apologize for s*** others do all the time. And Bonds is no stranger to apologizing to folks associated with him who get dragged into the media's inacurrate reporting.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get how what his best friend does equates to him being the worst human being who treats everyone he comes into contact with like scum... If Conte murdered someone does that make Bonds a murderer as well?

Who's saying that? :huh:

I'm saying Bonds' realtionship with Anderson makes him a steroid user.