OFFICIAL 24 RETURNS THREAD

retro1983hat

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)
I liked last night's episode, but the Jack and his dad thing is getting a little old. Oh and the Morris being drunk or an idiot is also not very interesting.

LOGAN IS BACK!!!! Of course, most might expect this to happen at somepoint.....but LOVE it. Especially now that he looks like a true Norsman. LOl

Just a huntch, I don't think his dad is gonna be around for too much longer....this assisnation attempt on Palmer should be interesting though. As far as Morris goes, I'll say it again... there's still something not right about him. Might be hiding something or alternative motive, there's too much forshadowing going on with him

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
Who is the guy that they showed on the previews for next week? Not having seen previous seasons, I don't know anything about him.

Can anyone give me some quick background?

I think you're talking about President Logan, who has a beard this year.

He was the president on last year's 24, and oh, he was dirty.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
Who is the guy that they showed on the previews for next week? Not having seen previous seasons, I don't know anything about him.

Can anyone give me some quick background?

This is a recap of season 5. You could prolly skip every few hours and get the gist of it.

http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/season5/7am.htm

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 01:59 PM)
This is a recap of season 5. You could prolly skip every few hours and get the gist of it.

http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/season5/7am.htm

Don't read.... rent or buy all the seasons from the beginning. Yes, it take time. Yes, it is worth the time it takes. The only way to truly know the life of Bauer. I'd hate to read a cliff notes version of Season 5. That was probably the best theyve had.

Ok , I really didn't like last night's episode.

Sick of the stupid Chloe and her ex husband Morris stuff.

The Peter McNichol character tied up the storage room and Chad Lowe getting the small recorder bomb to kill the president also seemed very Batman/Scooby Doo-ish.

Where was Jack all episode?

Something needs to get going quickly.

Thus far, this season has been rather bad... there are three nuclear weapons minutes from detonation... and it seems like the only people worried are Jack and Bill?

OK Chloe, Morris got a drill in his back, who cares if he drinks. This story-line needs to be GONE. It's been three episodes of people questioning Morris's ability.

Thank God the Jack's family thing is finally gone, but that whole storyline was dumb/done very poorly.

The whole Wayne Palmer being President thing is stupid, and was too predictable... this season has been the worst BY FAR! The whole scale is just so much smaller than normal, and they've killed off too many good characters in past seasons.

I heart 24, but it needs to get things together. The return of Charles Logan is intriguing, but the conversation between Palmer/Logan (who killed Palmer's BROTHER) was freaking lame.

As awesome as David Palmer was, that's how awesome Wayne Palmer isn't!

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 09:55 AM)
The more I watch the shows back-to-back, the more I realize how much better Prison Break is than 24. The twists and turns on Prison Break actually make sense, while the 24 stuff is so recycled.

Agreed.

I was going to say that this season I actually enjoy Prison Break more than 24, and I love 24.

T-Bag is such a sick, scay character. The guy who plays him has done a great job. I hope they don't kill him off.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 07:55 AM)
The more I watch the shows back-to-back, the more I realize how much better Prison Break is than 24. The twists and turns on Prison Break actually make sense, while the 24 stuff is so recycled.

I tried prison break for a couple seasons and got sick of it...it just moved along too slow, and so ardently refused to actually settle any of the topic threads that it opened that i just couldn't take it any moer.

Well last night Jack busted into Boris Badenov's den and did subsequently was captured. Moose and Squirrel should be on the way next episode for the rescue.

Thank goodness no Morris sucking down Jack Daniels this week.

Something is just not clicking this season.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
Well last night Jack busted into Boris Badenov's den and did subsequently was captured. Moose and Squirrel should be on the way next episode for the rescue.

Thank goodness no Morris sucking down Jack Daniels this week.

Something is just not clicking this season.

I know we talked about Prison Break last week, but I was real disappointed in the "shocking" angle they tried to take with the President and her family stuff. I'm not a big believer in the Jump the Shark syndrome, but that seems like a textbook situation.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 10:10 AM)
I know we talked about Prison Break last week, but I was real disappointed in the "shocking" angle they tried to take with the President and her family stuff. I'm not a big believer in the Jump the Shark syndrome, but that seems like a textbook situation.

that was worse than some of the things that have happened on 24; prison break is going through presidents faster than 24 ever did

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 09:39 AM)
My prediction is 24 in 2 weeks will be the best episode yet...they seem to be building it up with the whole 2 hours in the desert thing. I hated prison break, what f'in cop out, the president steps down

Is this the last season of prison break or is there another one planned?

I'm pretty sure it has been renewed but I doubt they have any idea where to go with the story.

But the show has some great characters. Bellick, T-Bag, and Kellerman are each great characters. IF anything, Lincoln is the most boring person on the show.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 10:25 AM)
I'm pretty sure it has been renewed but I doubt they have any idea where to go with the story.

But the show has some great characters. Bellick, T-Bag, and Kellerman are each great characters. IF anything, Lincoln is the most boring person on the show.

ok good, what the hell do they have else to do.

They should break back into prison, and then break out again.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)

Couldn't agree with you more on the three best characters. If anything, I think a great twist would be added to the show if one of the brothers dies.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 09:39 AM)
My prediction is 24 in 2 weeks will be the best episode yet...they seem to be building it up with the whole 2 hours in the desert thing. I hated prison break, what f'in cop out, the president steps down

Is this the last season of prison break or is there another one planned?

Well, Silver Spoons Ricky Schrader premiers at CTU next week, so lets hope he adds some fuel to the fire. Last nights episode was the first time since the first two hours of Day 6 that the show actually feels like 24 again. This Russian plot twists are very intruiging.

Last night was a decent episode, but it seems like the show is getting off what made it great: Jack Bauer. Jack was in a basement in the corner and not on camera most of the time. While I like the President and Mrs. Logan angle, that should be secondary to Jack trying to save the world. JMO!