Crede Avoids Arbitration

Shamrock4Life

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 11:25 AM)
A Bad signing? A bad signing is what the Cubs gave Ted Lilly.

Darren Dreifort made over 63 million dollars in his baseball career, and went 48-60 with a 4.36 ERA. That was a horrendous signing. Just thought I would clear that up. :)

BTW, thanks for the Gange info.

Technically speaking, I'd take a healthy Dreifort over Ted Lilly every day of the week (unfortunately there is no such thing as a healthy Dreifort).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1999 Rupert Murdoch gives Kevin Brown a 7 year $105M contract which for that market was even more insane than it would be today. He gave the Dodgers 3 very good healthy years and added another 2 severely injury plagued ones before being dealt to the Yankees in 2003 for Jeff Weaver and Yhency Brazoban where he finished his career off pretty pathetically.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 01:02 PM)
That Dreifort signing still baffles me. Or when the Rockies gave him and Mike Hampton that huge contract? Like, during that press conference did the Rockies and Dodgers respectively think they were making smart financial moves?

The Dodgers opted for Dreifort over Park. At the time both of those guys were high toolsy guys with franchise type arms. Dreifort always showed that arm and stuff, but got hurt and Park lost all his velocity due to back problems and other issues. Both signings turned into complete disasters, but at the time, while there was risk involved, Dreifort had all the stuff to be an absolute stud and had shown flashes of top notch success, IIRC.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
1999 Rupert Murdoch gives Kevin Brown a 7 year $105M contract which for that market was even more insane than it would be today. He gave the Dodgers 3 very good healthy years and added another 2 severely injury plagued ones before being dealt to the Yankees in 2003 for Jeff Weaver and Yhency Brazoban where he finished his career off pretty pathetically.

At the time both him and Johnson were on the market and it turned out Johnson's deal was the superior one. Mo Vaughn signed a mega money deal with the Angels (Angels could have went after the Unit but opted for Vauhgn in the end). Kevin Brown was coming off a world series run with the Padres and was one of the premiere pitchers in baseball (a total stud w/Pads) but too bad he ended up getting hurt. His sinker was downright disgusting.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crede' salary is doubling here, correct?. It's not cheap by any means then.

Yeah really. How the hell can this be considered "cheap" after looking his track record and career numbers?

I understand how the system works, but I think Joe got at least $1 million too much.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)
Yeah really. How the hell can this be considered "cheap" after looking his track record and career numbers?

I understand how the system works, but I think Joe got at least $1 million too much.

Also, that was a figure agreed upon by both sides, so more than likely he was looking for something closer to $6 mil and the Sox were looking at something around $4 mil. Still a pretty big jump from $2.675.