A winter f***ing wonderland

kapkomet

How nice. These asshole weather forecasters, after calling for all gloom and doom over the weekend, called for NOTHING and this morning, we have an inch of snow on the ground. :lol:

And of course, we have a layer of ice underneath. I better go get my commute from hell overwith.

It's actually kinda pretty out.

Austin, Texas and even San Antonio got a nasty ice storm yesterday and last night. The northern burbs of Houston got it, too. This is a nasty little storm.

These asshole weather forecasters, after calling for all gloom and doom over the weekend, called for NOTHING and this morning, we have an inch of snow on the ground

LOL, on Sunday my 6 year old daughter was all pumped up for a snowstorm and nothing happened. She moped about it all day and right before dinner she said to me "Daddy, you know I think the Weatherman lied to us yesterday, he said there was going to be snow today"

I said "Abby, unfortunately they lie to us alot."

Her reply? "How do they keep their jobs then? Thats not right."

Down here people are not prepared for the cold. I was awake half the night praying for the less privileged who live in dwellings without heat and do not have warm blankets. The colonias are usually just concrete block construction, drafty, and without adequate heat. Then there are those living in mobile homes. On the news they showed a family that would burn wood down to coals and then bring them inside to warm the trailer so their children could stay warm. They used an old plow blade and a couple brick to keep the coals away from anything flammable. The coals were right by the door of the home. :pray

I know there won't be much sympathy here for undocumented workers, but last night one young woman was airlifted to the hospital with severe frostbite and many others are being rescued and returned to Mexico before they die of exposure. Risking their lives for a piece of the American dream.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 08:50 AM)
Down here people are not prepared for the cold. I was awake half the night praying for the less privileged who live in dwellings without heat and do not have warm blankets. The colonias are usually just concrete block construction, drafty, and without adequate heat. Then there are those living in mobile homes. On the news they showed a family that would burn wood down to coals and then bring them inside to warm the trailer so their children could stay warm. They used an old plow blade and a couple brick to keep the coals away from anything flammable. The coals were right by the door of the home. :pray

I know there won't be much sympathy here for undocumented workers, but last night one young woman was airlifted to the hospital with severe frostbite and many others are being rescued and returned to Mexico before they die of exposure. Risking their lives for a piece of the American dream.

People around here tell me that more illegals die from the desert cold than you might imagine.