Samardzija to forego football!

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 08:02 PM)
Could easily be the Cubs' 2nd best pitcher this year, but gets routinely ignored.

That could replace the phrase "world's tallest midget"

but as I posted above, he does look like he has a chance to be good... I still stick by my point that going into the season, NL or not, having Lily as your #2 on paper (obviously with Prior a question mark) is not the greatest situation

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
That could replace the phrase "world's tallest midget"

but as I posted above, he does look like he has a chance to be good... I still stick by my point that going into the season, NL or not, having Lily as your #2 on paper (obviously with Prior a question mark) is not the greatest situation

2nd best to Zambrano is no disgrace. Best of the rest may be, depends. Hill's a k machine, and I'm more of a Lilly fan than most. The Marquis signing was a joke, though. Obviously it is "not the greatest situation", but I'd question the Marquis vs Schmidt signing more than the rookie vs Schmidt signing.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
Recievers don't really take the beating that linemen do.

My thoughts are that this is a cub PR move and he will take the guaranteed money of the NFL. This deal allows him the latitude of dealing with organizations that will take a risk and spend money ala Bo Jackson and John Elway.

Pitchers dont really take the beating that receivers do either.

And if he goes to the NFL before his deal is up, he'd likely have to return almost all of the money he has been given by the Cubs back to the organization. He likely isn't going to play two sports, and he's not just going to steal $8 million from the Cubs.