Best of Soxtalk 2006 Nominations

Rex Kickass

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whoever nominated me for post of the year, thank you.

edit: It's a shame santo=dorf wasn't nominated for a category like "best baseballer." I could see him winning a category titled "most independent thinker," or "poster with most supporting evidence."

You have some proof to back up your wild claims?

Thanks Shoota. :)

QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
I feel like Susan Lucci.

Don't worry, I haven't won anything either. We should start the "Always smile when someone else wins" group.

I'm, like, one of 3 girls on this site and every damn year I lose "person to have a drink with" to Flaxx. Come on! I'm a girl! And he would talk about science the whole time (okay, I would too, but I'M A GIRL).

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
Don't worry, I haven't won anything either. We should start the "Always smile when someone else wins" group.

I'm, like, one of 3 girls on this site and every damn year I lose "person to have a drink with" to Flaxx. Come on! I'm a girl! And he would talk about science the whole time (okay, I would too, but I'M A GIRL).

At least you have a chance in that category. I was nominated in the Conservative category, with Nuke. Yeah, I'll win that one! But hey, couldn't have lost to a better guy.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)

Could be worse, you're tied with me right now. That's really sad. :P

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
At least you have a chance in that category. I was nominated in the Conservative category, with Nuke. Yeah, I'll win that one! But hey, couldn't have lost to a better guy.

Touche. But you'll always be my little Conservative EvilMonkey.

Although, bully to Balta for sewing up the Lefty award. (And, no, I did NOT cast the my lone vote for myself. . .)

Just wondering here. The "I told you so" award. Does that mean the people who got nominated often say something like that, or does it mean that people usually say something like that to them for being wrong?

Because I am literally always wrong, so I don't get to say "I told you so" very much at all.

Also, keep voting for me. I wanna be remembered for something :)

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
Just wondering here. The "I told you so" award. Does that mean the people who got nominated often say something like that, or does it mean that people usually say something like that to them for being wrong?

Because I am literally always wrong, so I don't get to say "I told you so" very much at all.

Also, keep voting for me. I wanna be remembered for something :)

It's supposed to go to the best prognosticator but since I was not nominated it will not be going to the most deserving poster this year. :D

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)

Imagine how I feel: I'm in that category and I'm not in that category!

Also, keep voting for me. I wanna be remembered for something

Start a fire.

(PS: I voted for you.)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 11:05 PM)
It's supposed to go to the best prognosticator but since I was not nominated it will not be going to the most deserving poster this year. :D

beg to differ...ATLEAST I AM NOMINATED, yeah so there

and you are nominated for like every other category, so it is oh k. I believe you are actually nominated for both conservative and liberal of the year.

:bang :cheers