Sox Sign Erstad

SkokieSox

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 02:00 PM)
How many countries did the white sox represent on the 2005 world series championship team?!?! (The 25 man roster)

Five

Japan

Cuba

USA

Dominican Republic

Venezuela

If you count coaches, I think Man Soo Lee from Korean takes it to Six

Edited by Beltin'Bill

ding ding ding!!!! good job Beltin Bill!

Yep there are the 5: Dominican, Venezuala, United States, Cuba, Japan

1) Dominican- Perez, Vizcaino, Marte, Uribe, Ozuna

2) US- Pauly, Harris, Crede, Blum, AJ, Widger, Dye, Rowand, Pods, Buerhle, Garland, Cotts, Jenks, Pollitte, Hermanson

3) Venezuala- Garcia

4) Cuba- Conteras and El-duque

5) Japan- Iguchi

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 02:13 PM)
Just off the top of my head:

Freddy Garcia: Venezuela

I can't believe I thought Javy Vazquez was on teh 05 team. :bang

I know, I caught my mistake after submitting. I do not think there were any players from Canada, Mexico or P.R. on the 2005 Roster. Oh, I forgot about Joey Cora for the coaches. I think he is from Puerto Rico, which takes the whole World Series players and coachign staff to seven.

QUOTE(Beltin @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 02:16 PM)
I know, I caught my mistake after submitting. I do not think there were any players from Canada, Mexico or P.R. on the 2005 Roster. Oh, I forgot about Joey Cora for the coaches. I think he is from Puerto Rico, which takes the whole World Series players and coachign staff to seven.

Okay. Here is a follow-up question that you may know the answer to. How many countries did the 2006 squad represent in the WBC?

I know Buerhle was invited to pitch but declined. So i guess that counts the U.S.

Garcia represented Venezuala

Vazquez represented Puerto Rico

Carlos Lee's lil brother represented Panama?!?

Iguchi declined to play for Japan but he was invited so Japan.

So 5 countries?!? Japan, U.S., Venezuala, Puerto Rico and Panama?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
I know Buerhle was invited to pitch but declined. So i guess that counts the U.S.

Garcia represented Venezuala

Vazquez represented Puerto Rico

Carlos Lee's lil brother represented Panama?!?

Iguchi declined to play for Japan but he was invited so Japan.

So 5 countries?!? Japan, U.S., Venezuala, Puerto Rico and Panama?

I was only considering those that actually played and were on the 40 man roster last year so Puerto Rico (Vazquez and Cintron) and Venezuela (Garcia) were the only countries I considered.

I don't recognize the posters name. I was looking to see if it was specifically one person (and if so I would have said you could take this signing to the bank) but that wasn't the case.

That said like I said before I think the Sox are front-runners and I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was right.

I'm glad Pods is having surgery. It could bring some truth to the rumors that he was really slowed last year with lingering problems.

I also tihnk he had a hernia or something (I remember a few of our players having off-season surgery).

Any timetable on Pods return? The nice thing about Erstad is that he'd look great in the 9 spot (because he's a slap hitter who knows how to handle the bat and run) and can even fit in the 2 spot (albeit his OBP wouldn't be what you'd want, he still again knows how to handle the bat...and I say that in case we have to use Guchi as the leadoff hitter with Pods hurt).

I'm excited to have Ersty on the team.