Pitching for the next week

aboz56

Hopefully the Sox don't skip Wright and here will be our rotation up through next Sunday

Monday: Off

Tuesday: Loaiza

Wednesday: Wright

Thursday: Garland

Friday: Buehrle

Saturday: Colon

Sunday: Loaiza

Looks good to me, especially for the weekend tilt at the Cell.

Hopefully the Sox don't skip Wright and here will be our rotation up through next Sunday

I hate to say it, but the Twins games are much more important than the Cubs. I think you move up MB to face the Twins, as they have problems with lefties, and leave Wright for the finale at Comiskey. Plus that insures that Wright won't pitch against the Twins in the series after the Cubs next weekend either.

and hopefully jon will pitch as well as he did last time and judy will be elsewhere

Garland has thrown a quality start 6 of the last 7 times out... could he be turning the corner? Let's hope so.

Garland has thrown a quality start 6 of the last 7 times out... could he be turning the corner?  Let's hope so.

I've been thinking the same thing lately. I hope so. God knows he's had enough time. No Prior though unless the sCrUBS tinker with their rotation. And that is a GOOD thing..... even though we won the game he started last year :headbang

I'll have to see Garland pitch the whole year before I make an statements saying he has turned the corner. Last year, he had an ERA below 4.00 in 4 of the 6 months of the year. The months he had an ERA over 4.00? I believe they were both above 6 or 7, and those months were April and July. He had a s***ty April....so I'll just have to see how he does in the next 3 months.

Loz vs. Reed

Wright vs. Cy Mays

Garland vs. Radke

Buehrle vs. Clement

Colon vs. Zambrano

Loaiza vs. Wood

I heard Reed was hurt again, but can't confirm. If he is, Santana would most likely start in his place.

and hopefully jon will pitch as well as he did last time and judy will be elsewhere

Thus far Jon Garland has been "Jon" and it's been awhile since we've seen Judy. He like Buehrle has gotten barely any run support over the past two years minus Friday's game against the Cubs. Garland has always pitched well against Minnesota too, the key is scoring some damn runs.

CWSOX45

Reed is back, Johan back to the pen.

June 22, 2003 - 1:11 p.m.

A scout said Reed's back still appeared to be bothering him in his first start after coming off the disabled list. He allowed seven runs in 3.2 innings. (Ken Rosenthal/TSN)

Fantasy Spin: Don't be shocked by another trip to the DL for Reed.

I'll be surprised if he starts.

June 22, 2003 - 1:11 p.m.

A scout said Reed's back still appeared to be bothering him in his first start after coming off the disabled list. He allowed seven runs in 3.2 innings. (Ken Rosenthal/TSN)

Fantasy Spin: Don't be shocked by another trip to the DL for Reed.

I'll be surprised if he starts.

If he does start he'll have a pitch count, which means we might see the Twinkie bullpen a little earlier than we expect.......

CWSOX45

The plan is to skip Wright and pitch Markagainst the Twins. Thia from Cowley in the Southtown...

Rotation juggling

Manuel has decided not to use Dan Wright in the Minnesota series.

Because the Sox have an off day today, Manuel is able to move Jon Garland and Mark Buehrle up a day. Garland will pitch Wednesday in Wright's spot, and Buehrle will go Thursday against the Twins.

Wright (0-3, 5.57 ERA) will pitch Friday against the Cubs at U.S. Cellular Field.

"We've got six games with the Twins (over the next nine games), and we've got to find some way to derail them," Manuel said.

The switch did not please Buehrle.

"If I had the choice I'd rather pitch against the Cubs at home, just because I can't stand pitching in Minnesota," Buehrle said. "I really don't like pitching there. The turf is tough and then you look at their lineup and the way they pound it into the ground and take off running."

The plan is to skip Wright and pitch Markagainst the Twins.  Thia from Cowley in the Southtown...

Rotation juggling

Manuel has decided not to use Dan Wright in the Minnesota series.

Because the Sox have an off day today, Manuel is able to move Jon Garland and Mark Buehrle up a day. Garland will pitch Wednesday in Wright's spot, and Buehrle will go Thursday against the Twins.

Wright (0-3, 5.57 ERA) will pitch Friday against the Cubs at U.S. Cellular Field.

"We've got six games with the Twins (over the next nine games), and we've got to find some way to derail them," Manuel said.

The switch did not please Buehrle.

"If I had the choice I'd rather pitch against the Cubs at home, just because I can't stand pitching in Minnesota," Buehrle said. "I really don't like pitching there. The turf is tough and then you look at their lineup and the way they pound it into the ground and take off running."

Yeah I saw this in chicagosports.com. Good to see Burly has the Wrong attitude going into this series against the Twins. "Oh I don't like to pitch there" Whine whine whine. At this point I don't think it matters who pitches that game, it sounds like we are gonna get another 18 run effort there.

I agree with SS2K3 ... Beuhrle should face the Twins.

And it looks like he will. Good luck with his attitude about pitching in Minny. Gee, he prefers a NL park to an AL park. Suck it up Mark and make it three in a row.

wow, bad attitude by mark, how can you NOT want to face the best team in your division?

I have to say, I've been very dissapointed with the way he's handled things this season. he has yet to really put blame on himself for anything. whether it is the park, offense, defense or bullpen. hopefully he straightens out.

Just saw in the Trib that they are indeed doing what I suggested.  Smart move JM  :headbang

The pitching probables are already decided weeks in advance. They are listed on ESPN.com 2 weeks in advance. Barring injury, these don't change.

I hate to say it, but the Twins games are much more important than the Cubs. I think you move up MB to face the Twins, as they have problems with lefties, and leave Wright for the finale at Comiskey. Plus that insures that Wright won't pitch against the Twins in the series after the Cubs next weekend either.

I couldn't agree more...

I would love to see our best go up against the cubs, but not with the oppurtunity to slash down the twinkies. This is the most important series the white sox have played in since 2000. Must win time against the twins

What is it with all of the damned whining from our "aces"?  Colon is tired, Mark doesn't want to pitch in the Dome....  Suck it up!

Truer words have never been spoken. :angry:

However, on the bright side, Mark may have just become a Sox. He wants to rip the M-f ScRubs. Gotta love him for that. :cheers or is he auditioning for St. Louis :huh: