game thread Sox against scrubs

cwsox

ANOTHER CRUCIAL CALL AGAINST THE SOX AT 1ST????!!!!!'

What's new.  f***ers every single last one of you.

Yeah, but we both know that Lee would have just hit into a bases loaded 6-4-3, so it's less painful this way. :D

Carlos went to right center nicely for the first Sox hit, today.

Ever heard of "it's not what, but when you hit it"? Lee dumped a single with bases empty but choked with 2&3rd...

Story of this season.

Lee is hitting .284 this year with RISP. He is hitting the best of all of the Sox starters by almost 20 points. Maggs is hitting .266 for 2nd best. On the other end Konerko is hitting .117 RISP, Valentin .191, Jimenez .227, and Frank .231. As a team they are hitting .229 with RISP.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimenez did another pitiful job advancing the runner to 3rd....Maggs swung and missed 2 generous hanging sliders and then at 2 balls-4s...Lee overwsung with men in scoring poisition against a tough pitcher....Thomas just got played defensively on a blooper....Geeezus!

What's new, again I ask?

What's new? Your positive attitude? :P

...or your insincere, pointless detours...

Or how about Sammy swinging at eye-level fastballs and then taking a pitch right down the middle for strike 3? :headbang

Bartolo gets out of a jam.

Through 3, no score.

Yeah, but we both know that Lee would have just hit into a bases loaded 6-4-3, so it's less painful this way. :D

Ever heard of "it's not what, but when you hit it"? Lee dumped a single with bases empty but choked with 2&3rd...

Story of this season.

Lee is hitting .284 this year with RISP. He is hitting the best of all of the Sox starters by almost 20 points. Maggs is hitting .266 for 2nd best. On the other end Konerko is hitting .117 RISP, Valentin .191, Jimenez .227, and Frank .231. As a team they are hitting .229 with RISP.

Keep making excuses....I am a fan of Lee normally....BUT I AM NOT A FAN OF SQUANDERING AWAY OPPORTUNITIES.

I mentioned other players besides him....terrible situational hitting is a HUGE problem on this team. We sould be up 3-0 if Jmenez and Maggs do thier jobs.

Jimenez did another pitiful job advancing the runner to 3rd....Maggs swung and missed 2 generous hanging sliders and then at 2 balls-4s...Lee overwsung with men in scoring poisition against a tough pitcher....Thomas just got played defensively on a blooper....Geeezus!

What's new, again I ask?

Or how about Sammy swinging at eye-level fastballs and then taking a pitch right down the middle for strike 3? :headbang

Through 3, no score.

We gave them 4 outs- and 4 stikes to Sosa, nothing to be excited about.

(Colon sucked his last start as well as did Burly last game, I am still waiting for 9inn shutouts from our "aces"...keep on making excuses, homer-boy)

Story of this season.

Keep making excuses....I am a fan of Lee normally....BUT I AM NOT A FAN OF SQUANDERING AWAY OPPORTUNITIES.

I mentioned other players besides him....terrible situational hitting is a HUGE problem on this team. We sould be up 3-0 if Jmenez and Maggs do thier jobs.

And if the Cubs had done their job with runners on base, they also could be winning 3-0 just as easily -- what's your point?

What's new, again I ask?

Through 3, no score.

(Colon sucked his last start as well as did Burly last game, I am still waiting for 9inn shutouts from our "aces"...keep on making excuses, homer-boy)

Just because someone doesn't freak out about every perceived Sox mistake, that doesn't make them a homer.

Story of this season.

And if the Cubs had done their job with runners on base, they also could be winning 3-0 just as easily -- what's your point?

Cub are not the team with supposedly "explosive" offense...just say you don't pay attention to little things...or don't reply at all...deal?

What's new, again I ask?

Through 3, no score.

Just because someone doesn't freak out about every perceived Sox mistake, that doesn't make them a homer.

Annd then all of the sudden you're surprised why we are 4 games under .500 and are giving games away left and right....

Whatever.

Story of this season.

Cub are not the team with supposedly "explosive" offense...just say you don't pay attention to little things...or don't reply at all...deal?

The Cubs as a whole aren't explosive, but I'd say Sosa and Alou qualify as legitimate threats. Between them, they have left 3 men on base so far.

Story of this season.

The Cubs as a whole aren't explosive, but I'd say Sosa and Alou qualify as legitimate threats. Between them, they have left 3 men on base so far.

So you are using Cubs as your yardstick now? Common.

Oh and please feel free to accuse me of rooting against the Sox...afterall, all that criticism of my own team can't possibly be a sign of objectivity

Story of this season.

Once again where did you see excuses? You made a broad sweeping statement about when people hit, and I gave you the facts about this team this year. Seriously, quit putting words into my mouth.

Annd then all of the sudden you're surprised why we are 4 games under .500 and are giving games away left and right....

Whatever.

Yes, I'm very surprised that we're only 4 games under. We've played like s*** this year. We've lost several games that we shouldn't have -- which gives me reason to stay positive, as it'll be hard to blow games all year long.

In pretty much any other division, we'd be in trouble -- but since we're in the AL Central, we're very much alive in spite of our efforts to dig an inescapable hole.

Whatever.

Yes, I'm very surprised that we're only 4 games under. We've played like s*** this year. We've lost several games that we shouldn't have -- which gives me reason to stay positive, as it'll be hard to blow games all year long.

In pretty much any other division, we'd be in trouble -- but since we're in the AL Central, we're very much in spite of our efforts to dig an inescapable hole.

The last game of each series against SF and Boston were losses that shouldn't have been. That's why I'm concerned about this game. They seem to get satisfied when they are playing reasonably well, then just lay down.

Whatever.

In pretty much any other division, we'd be in trouble -- but since we're in the AL Central, we're very much in spite of our efforts to dig an inescapable hole.

The last game of each series against SF and Boston were losses that shouldn't have been. That's why I'm concerned about this game. They seem to get satisfied when they are playing reasonably well, then just lay down.

Same with the last game against the Padres. That Perez guy had NO business shutting us down like he did.