game thread Sox against scrubs

cwsox

Annd then all of the sudden you're surprised why we are 4 games under .500 and are giving games away left and right....

Whatever.

Yes, I'm very surprised that we're only 4 games under. We've played like s*** this year. We've lost several games that we shouldn't have -- which gives me reason to stay positive, as it'll be hard to blow games all year long.

In pretty much any other division, we'd be in trouble -- but since we're in the AL Central, we're very much in spite of our efforts to dig an inescapable hole.

1. That whole "playing s***ty" includes not making defensive plays, overwsinging with RISP, throwing 0-2 mistakes, getting thrown out, impire mistakes, etc. Not every loss comes on the strenght of a Barry Bonds perfect swing grandslam. We've been our worst enemies this year--making exactly the kinf mistakes we did in 2nd and 3rd inning today...if we lose 2-1, who are gonna blame?

2. You really think our "luck" is going to magically go away because of law of averages? Huh?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I WON THE TRIVIA CONTEST!!!  Yeah for me.  On ESPN 1000, the question was who were the Sox reps when the all star game was last at Wrigley.  It was Ozzie and Thigpen.

damn, i would never have know of that.

btw what is the score...... 0 - 0 still.

Annd then all of the sudden you're surprised why we are 4 games under .500 and are giving games away left and right....

Whatever.

Yes, I'm very surprised that we're only 4 games under. We've played like s*** this year. We've lost several games that we shouldn't have -- which gives me reason to stay positive, as it'll be hard to blow games all year long.

In pretty much any other division, we'd be in trouble -- but since we're in the AL Central, we're very much in spite of our efforts to dig an inescapable hole.

The last game of each series against SF and Boston were losses that shouldn't have been. That's why I'm concerned about this game. They seem to get satisfied when they are playing reasonably well, then just lay down.

Same with the last game against the Padres. That Perez guy had NO business shutting us down like he did.

Oh and getting swept in Cleveland and losing 2 out of 3 against mediocre D-backs?

That's a whopping 5 losses in the span of only 2 f***ing weeks! And I am notr even counting Colon's complete game, 1-run loss in LA...This is not "underachiving"....this is "not knowing what winning even is". We played better in 2001-2002....

But hey, I am sure it's just me being "too negative" like I was in the first series of the season against KC...

Are umpires reprimanded when they CLEARLY made poor calls? I'm being serious -- that called 3rd strike to Jimenez was 3-4 inches outside. The umpire's job is to not only call a consistent game, but more importantly, to call an ACCURATE game.

This guy blows.

Are umpires reprimanded when they CLEARLY made poor calls?  I'm being serious -- that called 3rd strike to Jimenez was 3-4 inches outside.  The umpire's job is to not only call a consistent game, but more importantly, to call an ACCURATE game.

This guy blows.

Blown balls&strikes calls are often the difference between winning and losing, especially in close games, with RISP....

With that, go Carlos!!!

What the f*** was that Zambrano?!?!?! Did you just win game 7 of the World Series?!?! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Somebody better get f***ing plunked after that celebration

Yes...he is on deck. I hope Colon puts one right under his chin.

Colon has stood up for his teammates before. I don't think he is gonna appriciate Zambrano showing up CLee.

EDIT: Though he was up third. Sorry bout that.

I don't think Zambrano was showing up Lee as much as he was pissed over the Ball 4 call to Ordonez, which was in the exact same spot as Lee's Strike 3 call was.

This umpire is unbelievable.  No consistency whatsoever.

Sure there is ... He consistantly sucks.

I don't think Zambrano was showing up Lee as much as he was pissed over the Ball 4 call to Ordonez, which was in the exact same spot as Lee's Strike 3 call was.

This umpire is unbelievable.  No consistency whatsoever.

Well you have to admit, that was a hell of a little celebration he did. he almost came right off the mound towards Lee. And when they went to the commercial break, it looked like he was staring him down pretty good.