game thread Sox against scrubs

cwsox

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You got that right!

I told Spiff earlier in the day, that this game had the making of a blown Sox lead.

They always pull this crap, all the f***ing time.

And you can bet all the talk tomorrow will be about the "big Cubs comeback win" instead of the two earlier Sox wins.

FIRE JERRY MANUEL

Colon was bailed out by Valentin and Jimenez just a few innings befdore...he was falling behind almost every hitter...

Marte has blown 3-4 big games already, his low ERA is very deceptive, Rocky Biddle has been a better reliever this season. Cubs came through when they needed it.

The is all a dream :lol:

Say what you will about whether or not Colon should have been left in the game (I personally think he should have stayed in), but Marte came in and faced Troy O'Leary, Mark Grudzielanek, and Ramon Martinez -- not exactly 3 all-stars. He's got to do his job, and today he failed miserably.

No way in hell I would have pulled Colon out at that point in the game... He was sailing along... making the big pitch when he needed it. JM just outsmarted himself so he could do that damn double switch. And for the record ... when they said Colon was coming out I reacted with a resounding NOOOOOOOO! So, this is not a "second guess".

If Colon wasn't hurt Manuel should be fired. Case closed.

I just saw him on mound, then walking off mound.

Did he ask out? Was he hurt?

We gave Cubs the game when we took him out.

O'Leary was batting like .340 against Colon. Colon didn't look hurt...It looks like that whole pinch hitter stats got to JM and he took him out.

BRING ME THE HEAD OF JERRY MANUEL.

2 of 3 ain't bad, but why not let Colon win or lose it on his own accord?

Since when did we get to the point in a June game a pitcher is taken out with a shutout going?

Modern baseball sucks.

Leave the f***ing starter in when he has a shutout going.