184 members have voted

1. 1. 2005 Sox World Series or 2006 Bears Super Bowl

• 2006 Chicago Bears Super Bowl
    • 2005 White Sox World Series

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
The Sox, but if Iowa State were to win a national championship in football or men's basketball, that would surpass the Sox moment. I wasn't brought up as a Sox fan...I figured that out on my own. But the amount of heartbreak and just plan suckitude I've had to go through in just 19 years as a Cyclone fan tips it that way.

Don't hold your breath buddy. Your best chance was when ISU had to play Michigan State in a freaking home game for the Spartans. If that game is on an actual neutral court, the Clones are national champs that year. Or if Fizer stays (which means the Bulls wouldn't have wasted a pick on him too, LOL) you had a great shot that following year and probably would have been ranked #1 to start the season.

But don't worry, I'm in the same league as you, unless Ferentz can start getting some real good recruits in (Iowa will always be solid to top 10 under Ferentz but I don't know if he'll be able to get us to the national championship game unless we start getting the better recruits...lately we've just been missing out on them).

I was 24 when the Bears won so I was a big fan for both. The chances of the Bears winning a Super Bowl seemed within grasp. The chaces for the Sox seemed to hinge on revenue sharing in baseball and a long wait. So the Sox were a much bigger win. I had resigned myself to never seeing a Sox WS win, like my grandfather and his Cubs.

I think its ridiculous to comment on this considering the Bears have done jack yet. It means nothing until the Bears win one more game. Yes, regardless it would have been a great season but I only consider championship seasons to be truly special.

I also can't imagine anything ever topping the 2005 season. From seeing more White Sox games in person than I ever had in my lifetime, to going from the high's of being a guaranteed playoff time to the low's of that late season swoon to the high's of a dominant playoff run and the opportunity to see the Sox play in 3 playoff games and be in the city of Chicago during the two home games (watching them with some of my favorite Sox fans). I could pretty much tell you where I was during most of the post-season run and just seeing clips gives me chills.

There is one thing, in life as I know it, that can overcome the 2005 Sox season. The birth of my daughter!! The magic, the hopes and the tears will always be remembered as the best months on my life. I am lucky and thankful to be a Sox fan and have that experience! Go go White Sox 2007!!