Miss baseball in the offseason? - Think you're better than KW?

knightni

I wouldn't mind starting over, as long as I have the final file to see how the careers of some of my players end.. Some of the insane talent and financial settings we have need to be fixed, could only accomplish that by starting over anyways.

Hopefully this 2007 side league we are starting up will be able to give us a better idea of how to get things as life like as possible.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys ever decide to start over and need a GM absolutely count me in, I just got through the busiest and most stressful couple of months of my life and now have some good free time for s*** like this. I'll admit Badger kicking my ass year in and year out from the very beginning of the league wore me down but the experience of playing was just awesome. Unless of course you're happy to have rid yourselves of me, that I could also understand.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
If you guys ever decide to start over and need a GM absolutely count me in, I just got through the busiest and most stressful couple of months of my life and now have some good free time for s*** like this. I'll admit Badger kicking my ass year in and year out from the very beginning of the league wore me down but the experience of playing was just awesome. Unless of course you're happy to have rid yourselves of me, that I could also understand.

Please come back :crying

btw, Zoom is about to win the AL West for the 2nd year in a row.. looks like you got busy at the worst time

QUOTE(T R U @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
Please come back :crying

btw, Zoom is about to win the AL West for the 2nd year in a row.. looks like you got busy at the worst time

See I knew he took over the Angels and I got the feeling he's been pretty successful from a few of the posts here but I tried not to really read into it because it would only piss me off. Figures, I'm in the league for how many years and not once did I get past the A's then that asshole Zoom takes over my team and finds immediate (somewhat) success. Ridiculous.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
See I knew he took over the Angels and I got the feeling he's been pretty successful from a few of the posts here but I tried not to really read into it because it would only piss me off. Figures, I'm in the league for how many years and not once did I get past the A's then that asshole Zoom takes over my team and finds immediate (somewhat) success. Ridiculous.

You'd have been fine if you maxed out some of your guys with points. Alden and Junichi are monsters now, Smit is having a huge year, and McDowell has been pretty big as well. Actually, the bigger factor is that Oakland has fallen off a bit, he only won 88 last year and is on pace for only 89 this year.

Plus I still made some changes, I added Delmon Young, Heath Schwandt and Christopher Lozano last year, and got Phillip Hughes, Mike Ferris and Mark Carrillo this year. Those guys made a fairly big difference.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
Did you guys start in 2005 or 2006?

I suck at remembering

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
You'd have been fine if you maxed out some of your guys with points. Alden and Junichi are monsters now, Smit is having a huge year, and McDowell has been pretty big as well. Actually, the bigger factor is that Oakland has fallen off a bit, he only won 88 last year and is on pace for only 89 this year.

Plus I still made some changes, I added Delmon Young and Heath Schwandt last year, and got Phillip Hughes and Mark Carrillo this year. Those guys made a fairly big difference.

Yeesh, I knew Alden was destined for greatness. Sounds like you've done a decent amount of work on the team, good for you I'm glad that team is finally winning. I'm surprised Oakland has fallen off, Badger is pretty damn good at loading up on picks and picking up fine spects in each deal, he's always had a loaded system. I figured he'd compete forever.

QUOTE(T R U @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)

K

not that my opinion matters - seeing as how I kinda resigned and all - but maybe you guys should go like until 2020 (so 15 seasons worth) and then restart. Just a nice round number, and it still gives the current GMs a chance to see if they can do anything with the talent they've built up.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
K

not that my opinion matters - seeing as how I kinda resigned and all - but maybe you guys should go like until 2020 (so 15 seasons worth) and then restart. Just a nice round number, and it still gives the current GMs a chance to see if they can do anything with the talent they've built up.

I have a SP who has a shot at 300 wins and a closer who has a chance to be the all time save leader if not top 3 closer of all time.. I want to see both of their careers end, but after that I wouldn't mind a restart with a fresh team

Like I said, there is a lot of financial and talent things that need to be fixed, other than that its a great league

Kalapse.

I went a little bit inactive over the summer because I was really busy.

Also since you went inactive I thought Angels only had 1-2 seasons left in them before being destroyed so I some what laxed on trading my players and tried to keep guys like Pujols forever.

Well see what happens, much harder to get to the top now than it was. Most of the best players are on a handful of teams.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
Kalapse.

Also since you went inactive I thought Angels only had 1-2 seasons left in them before being destroyed so I some what laxed on trading my players and tried to keep guys like Pujols forever.

Well see what happens, much harder to get to the top now than it was. Most of the best players are on a handful of teams.

Makes sense, I'm glad I could play a role in your eventual downfall. :D

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
Kalapse.

Which is one of the problems.. there is too many elite players, teams in this league are either really bad (because of their GM) or really good.. there are superstar players all over, not enough middle of the road growing teams.

The league is watered down with superior talent

QUOTE(T R U @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
Which is one of the problems.. there is too many elite players, teams in this league are either really bad (because of their GM) or really good.. there are superstar players all over, not enough middle of the road growing teams.

Are you guys still using the same points system or maybe a scaled down version? I know that was a problem at one time, that points were creating a s***load of good players which would eventually end up on only a few teams leading a a large discrepency between the best and worst teams in the league. Also, are the drafts still incredibly loaded with talent as they were just before I left?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
Are you guys still using the same points system or maybe a scaled down version? I know that was a problem at one time, that points were creating a s***load of good players which would eventually end up on only a few teams leading a a large discrepancy between the best and worst teams in the league. Also, are the drafts still incredibly loaded with talent as they were just before I left?

Yes and Yes

QUOTE(T R U @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)

Yeah, it's insane how much stronger the top couple of teams are than even the middle of the road teams. Arizona is in the middle of the pack, and they have like 5 guys that would crack my roster, two of those guys in the bullpen and another of them on the bench, and there are teams better than me and teams weaker than Arizona.

And then there's Steve, that guy's team is just insane, it's like the Yankees only it's twice as bad and they can pitch. :bang

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
And then there's Steve, that guy's team is just insane, it's like the Yankees only it's twice as bad and they can pitch. :bang

payroll's only 77 mill...

obviously I'm not a huge fan of starting over, since I was an expansion team just 5 seasons ago, I'm only now entering the ranks of the top 4 teams, whereas before I had been a top 10 team for a couple of seasons.

Plus, i want to see how Burt does... but it's pretty annoying that a pitcher who is 90-90-90 can really suck, and most of the time do...

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
payroll's only 77 mill...

obviously I'm not a huge fan of starting over, since I was an expansion team just 5 seasons ago, I'm only now entering the ranks of the top 4 teams, whereas before I had been a top 10 team for a couple of seasons.

Plus, i want to see how Burt does... but it's pretty annoying that a pitcher who is 90-90-90 can really suck, and most of the time do...

steroids

as much effort as we put into this league (especially knightni)

We should go as long as we can.

Personally I would like to see:

Pedro Lopez go for 3,000 Hits and Ricky hendersons Record of SB's

William Bodie go for 300 wins

Carlos De La Cruz and Francisco Rodriguez go for 500 Saves

Albert Pujols go for 500 Hr's and 3,000 hits

Melchor Abad go for 3,000 hits

Can Corn go for 300 wins.

and... who knows what candelas can do.

I just am not in favor of breaking this up. The core that started this is still here and worked hard at their teams.

Plus, Tru needs to win his first ring. The man puts up the sickest teams and falls short in the playoffs (happened to me too for about 10 years) .