Smoking Aces

Jimbo's Drinker

Wow, wow. That was just horrific when I'm yawning in the middle of a movie and checking my watch about a half hour in that's not a good sign. I was actually bored. It's almost as if they had no idea what kind of movie they were trying to make whether it's supposed to be some sort of wacky action/high adrenaline movie lead by crazy off the wall characters that come together for a couple exciting shoot em' up scenes or a thriller with real characters, a serious plot and shocking/believable twists that will keep you interested. It was almost as if they combined the worst possible plot for both genres into one collossal waste of an hour and a half.

I'm not sure I enjoyed a second of this thing, it was just that ridiculous. If you were planning on shelling out some cash on this I recommend you save your money.

SPOILER BELOW

I'm so tired of 'puzzle' films, where the director is trying to fool the audience and everyone in the audience is trying to be the 1st to 'figure it out'. If you've decided to make that kind of film, make it so that there are clues along the way, not just the explanation at the end. This film is a mess, with quirky characters thrown in for no reason. What's with the martial arts kid with ADD? and why was Justin Bateman in a bra and panties, why? Too many 'catchy' lines that seem forced into the script so that we know that writer is clever.

I still thought it was an OK film.