Top Prospect List

Chisoxfn

SI had a top 75 prospect list that came out and the following Sox were included on the list:

31) Danks

65) Sweeney

69) Gonzalez

HM) Fields

Very interesting to see Fields rakned behind two pitchers and Ryan Sweeney. Personally I don't have a problem with that but I know some other scouting groups have Fields as the best prospect in the system (Keith Law and someone at BA, IIRC).

Keith Law, ESPN Insider did a top 25 list and an organizational list. Our organization was ranked 16th and this was because the Sox restocked the system with the Garcia/McCarthy deal.

17. Josh Fields, 3B, White Sox

Offensively, there's not much of a drop-off (if any) from Joe Crede to Fields right now. For a player with limited baseball experience coming out of school, Fields has advanced very quickly and shown better strike-zone command than you typically see in multisport guys. I think there's quite a bit of growth left here, given his background.

24. John Danks, LHP, White Sox

Has some fastball command issues to work out, but he's very close to the majors, more so than any of the pitchers on the honorable-mention list below.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
How many lefthanders are ranked ahead of Danks on both lists? How about pitchers overall?

Reading the other thread where it said there were only 6 pitchers listed... Bailey and Hughes are obvious, with Gallardo being the next most obvious inclusion. All righties.

Next comes the Pelfreys and Humbers, though I wouldn't be surprised to see either off the list... Apparently Garza was 5th.

After that it gets a little more complicated. There are really only three lefties in baseball that you can make a solid case for ahead of Danks, two are with the Dodgers; Kershaw (prolly not listed because he's still a ways off) and Elbert. The other is Detroit's Andrew Miller.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
Reading the other thread where it said there were only 6 pitchers listed... Bailey and Hughes are obvious, with Gallardo being the next most obvious inclusion. All righties.

Next comes the Pelfreys and Humbers, though I wouldn't be surprised to see either off the list... Apparently Garza was 5th.

After that it gets a little more complicated. There are really only three lefties in baseball that you can make a solid case for ahead of Danks, two are with the Dodgers; Kershaw (prolly not listed because he's still a ways off) and Elbert. The other is Detroit's Andrew Miller.

Actually it's Lincecum after Gallardo.

Pelfrey, Humber, Adenhart, Bucholz, Brandon Erbe, and Hurley are Honorable Mentions. Humber was knocked down on the list do to "continued arm troubles."

Edited by Vance Law