I found the hippies, alive and doing fine

Texsox

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 02:24 AM)
Its a good thing these freegans found themsleves a web site. This almost seems to be omish.

Amish? 'Omish' sounds like a transcendental Buddhist thing.

No, the Freegans can use computers and the Internet. Only catch is they have to use 386s and 2800 baud modems. :D

Where's that old Amiga I can lend them?!?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
:headbang Freegans!

I'm finding some irony in them having a web site. I hope it's hosted for free. Cyber-squatting. Minus the food thing, I'm thinking of trying that right after I buy a new external hard drive

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 06:25 AM)
Amish? 'Omish' sounds like a transcendental Buddhist thing.

No, the Freegans can use computers and the Internet. Only catch is they have to use 386s and 2800 baud modems. :D

Where's that old Amiga I can lend them?!?

Can you get on-line with a Commodore VIC20 or do I have to give them my Commodore 64 :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 07:26 AM)
I'm finding some irony in them having a web site. I hope it's hosted for free. Cyber-squatting. Minus the food thing, I'm thinking of trying that right after I buy a new external hard drive

Can you get on-line with a Commodore VIC20 or do I have to give them my Commodore 64 :D

As of 2001, you could still connect your VIC20 with 300 baud acoustic modem to Compuserve.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
As of 2001, you could still connect your VIC20 with 300 baud acoustic modem to Compuserve.

That must have been some radio station you were working at :D