4 Biden

GOP

1 Mccain

2 guliani

3 romney

4 huckabee

5 brownback

just my opinion, who differs?

Obama is way too clean to be #1 (atta boy Biden, way to kill your campaign before you start).

Seriously though, I'd agree with those lists except flip-flop Guiliani and McCain. Considering Guiliani hasn't said a word about his interest in the presidency and hasn't really been 'public' since the last election, I'm shocked he's still so high in the polls. That's major name power. Out of any candidate he has the most experience leading a government in tough times. He can ride his 9/11 experience all the way to the white house I think.

Interesting side note though, anyone catch on Drudge this morning that Guiliani won't be running as a Repub?

Edit: Drudge's headline changed to "hasn't filed as a Republican....yet."

Edited by Jenksismybitch

I don't see McCain as the Republican front-runner, not by a long shot. He has climbed far too deeply up George W. Bush's arse to be taken seriously. You think Clinton dragged Al Gore down in 2000, you just wait and see the Dubya Albatross hanging on McCain's neck in 2008.

Edited by Balance

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 07:23 AM)
Seriously though, I'd agree with those lists except flip-flop Guiliani and McCain. Considering Guiliani hasn't said a word about his interest in the presidency and hasn't really been 'public' since the last election, I'm shocked he's still so high in the polls. That's major name power. Out of any candidate he has the most experience leading a government in tough times. He can ride his 9/11 experience all the way to the white house I think.

Giuliani hasn't said a word? He was probably the first out of anyone to form an exploratory committee...did so all the way back in November. And on top of th at, his entire early campaign strategy was leaked in a document someone left in a hotel room a few weeks back.

And I hope to g*d that Rudy can't ride his 9/11 experience, because his 9/11 experience was overall pretty poor. It's not exactly great planning to put your city's emergency management office in the world trade center (which was already a target once), nor is it great management to not spend the money to have your firefighters have working radios, nor is it great management to wind up with ungodly corrupt people standing next to you on SNL the month after the attacks when at the same time that guy is using a city-rented apartment overlooking ground zero as a love nest, etc.

If Rudy's campaign is a success and is based on his response to 9/11, it's because people are letting what they want to remember about 9/11 cover up their judgement, since aside from rhetoric, his work in NY responding to and preparing for 9/11 has an awful lot of holes. If he's elected based solely on policy issues, I'd be a lot happier than if he was elected campaigning based on his 9/11 actions.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
Giuliani hasn't said a word? He was probably the first out of anyone to form an exploratory committee...did so all the way back in November. And on top of th at, his entire early campaign strategy was leaked in a document someone left in a hotel room a few weeks back.

And I hope to g*d that Rudy can't ride his 9/11 experience, because his 9/11 experience was overall pretty poor. It's not exactly great planning to put your city's emergency management office in the world trade center (which was already a target once), nor is it great management to not spend the money to have your firefighters have working radios, nor is it great management to wind up with ungodly corrupt people standing next to you on SNL the month after the attacks when at the same time that guy is using a city-rented apartment overlooking ground zero as a love nest, etc.

If Rudy's campaign is a success and is based on his response to 9/11, it's because people are letting what they want to remember about 9/11 cover up their judgement, since aside from rhetoric, his work in NY responding to and preparing for 9/11 has an awful lot of holes. If he's elected based solely on policy issues, I'd be a lot happier than if he was elected campaigning based on his 9/11 actions.

As far as I can tell he hasn't said a word to anyone about anything. Meanwhile, Barrack, Clinton, Edwards, even McCain (though more for his current role) have been on nearly every television show, competing for face-time on national TV.

I just can't fault anyone for their 'poor preparation.' If that's the case the entire country is at fault for living in denial that it could happen again (after 93). Nor am I someone to blame the top guy for every failure that could ever happen within a city under their control. There were probably 15 people more directly responsible for issues such as adequate equipment for firefighters. I highly doubt he supported policy to keep his cities firefighters from having radios. And as far as corruption/shady dealings, they're politicians; each one of them has done something bad at some point. That's the nature of the beast.

To me his actions after 9/11 were exceptional. He rallied his city together to do as much as possible, as soon as possible. He worked with local, state and federal officials to ensure that things were being done in a timely fashion. Obviously there were mistakes, but there are bound to be mistakes in every situation that people are thrown into for the first time. I have more trust in him to do the right things again and change the wrong versus getting some greenie in there like Obama who hasn't managed anything more complicated than a PTA meeting. I think you also vastly underestimate how pivotal it was for him to be able to rally every governmental agency together in that city. They are ALWAYS squabbling and fighting with each other and rarely get things done. And yes, even in the midst of a national tragedy I think it would still be difficult to manage so many people doing so many different things.

QUOTE(soxwon @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
Right now ill rank the contenders

1 Obama

2 Hillary

3 Edwards

4 Biden

GOP

1 Mccain

2 guliani

3 romney

4 huckabee

5 brownback

just my opinion, who differs?

Biden is zero. Richardson is 4th, in my view. Biden and Vlisack will be non-factors.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 02:22 AM)
Biden is zero. Richardson is 4th, in my view. Biden and Vlisack will be non-factors.

revised 2-20-07

1 Guliani

2 Mccain

3 Newt

4 Romney

1 Hillary

2 Obama

3 Edwards

4 Richardson