Best Celeb Meltdown 2006

Texsox

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Celeb Had the Most Entertaining Meltdown in 2006?

• Tom Cruise
    • Mel Gibson
    • Michael Richards

It has to be Mel Gibson because he was never really in anything too controversial aside from being a religious christian and the whole passion of the christ thing.

Michael Richards is a comedian and they tend to be controversial regardless, he just happened to cross the line but a comic crossing the line isn't that shocking and well Tom Cruise is and always has been a douche so no big shocker there. Cruise is already a religious nut job whose a member of a cult (good old scientology) and I could go on and on about what a piece of work he is but I'll disgress.

That said, while I hate Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson is still one of my favorite actors because of the great movies known as Braveheart and Patriot. Russel Crowe in Gladiator (despite the fact he's an ass) is another personal favorite performance/movie.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 12:59 PM)
This thread loses all credibility without Britney Spears on the list, that was more of an overall meltdown though.

Good call, of course her meltdown happened over the course of one day (the day she decided to marry K-Fed). That said her meltdown led to a great moment...K-Fed's career getting launched and him eventually joining the WWE (so pathetic its hillarious).

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
Here is why Brit wasn't on the list, her demise was so predictable.

Yet, it was still epic and entertaining.

come on now, Tom Cruise wasnt predictable? That guy has been teetering on the edge of the loony-bin for quite some time now.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
That said, while I hate Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson is still one of my favorite actors because of the great movies known as Braveheart and Patriot. Russel Crowe in Gladiator (despite the fact he's an ass) is another personal favorite performance/movie.

Huh, never seen that movie associated with "greatness" before.

For me, Mel will always get a pass on almost everything due to his real name being "Max".

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
Huh, never seen that movie associated with "greatness" before.

For me, Mel will always get a pass on almost everything due to his real name being "Max".

Oh ya another classic. Personally I think the Patriot (think of the tomahawk scene) has some absolutely amazing action segments.

Its like a cult movie between me and a couple of my good buddies. Kind of like Transporter 2 (what we call the greatest comedy of all time).