Depth

StatManDu

QUOTE(Beltin @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 02:00 PM)
Tell me what your stats say about Joe Crede's 2005 regular season? On paper he had some disappointing numbers but we all remember his clutch offensive contributions that year, not to mention the fact that his defense more than made up for his offensive shortcomings.

First of all, I recall the same thing about Mackowiak as you at the plate; however, I also recall longer periods of time where he was solid offensively too. He contributed a lot to the team offensively, and was only bad for the team because of Ozzie. He shouldn't have been anywhere near the middle of the outfield at any point in time during the season.

Secondly, I remember Crede having 2 completely horrendous months, and 4 very solid months.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
So, 1 question...you're citing a statistic which says that Luis Terrero would be a better outfield performer than Mackowiak, Podsednik, Owens, or Ozuna. So in other words, why should I trust it?

Yep, those stats just look awful. There is no way someone is going to tell me Terrero is better than Mack, Pods and Ozuna (I could buy into Owens). Nor are you going to convince me that Erstad will be worse than all of them.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
Yep, those stats just look awful. There is no way someone is going to tell me Terrero is better than Mack, Pods and Ozuna (I could buy into Owens). Nor are you going to convince me that Erstad will be worse than all of them.

you know the interesting thing? before now I never actually looked at Terrero's minor league stats...he hasn't seen much playing time in the big leagues the last couple years, but he tore up AAA last year. .318, 16 home runs, .927 OPS.