http://www.votevets.org/

Texsox

http://www.votevets.org/

Interesting stuff. I am going to hell, but they did it on purpose. When the speaker said on the other hand, I thought of Forrest Gump and laughed. "But you ain't got no hand?!" Probably not the reaction they were looking for.

VoteVets.Org PAC Endorsement Criteria Candidates must be Veterans of the wars in Iraq and/or Afghanistan, having qualified for the Iraq or Afghanistan campaign medal or qualified for the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal. <!--

Candidates must agree to the PAC’s list of policy objectives, which are:

• Demand from the administration a victory strategy for Iraq that includes hard success metrics which trigger American troop drawdowns so our forces can safely re-deploy from theater.
  • Mandatory full funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • Thorough investigation of the failure to provide adequate armor for our soldiers, and that those responsible are held accountable.
  • An increase in the size of the active component army by eight units of action (brigades) and doubling the size of our Special Forces units in order to help relieve our over-extended army. (NOTE: This is not an increase in the number of troops currently deployed in Iraq).
  • Guaranteeing the exhaustion of diplomacy options by the President prior to approval for military conflict.
  • TRICARE (health care) for all members of the National Guard and Reserve and their families. As of July 2004, 20% of National Guardsmen lacked healthcare. Currently, Guardsmen and Reservists can buy into TRICARE if they are unemployed or are not covered by their employer. VoteVets.org supports extending TRICARE coverage to all Guardsmen and Reservists.
  • Lowering the retirement age for members of the National Guard and Reserve from 60 to 55.
  • An immediate 5% pay increase for our Armed Forces.
With one of two exceptions above, I agree with this 100%. A couple are unmeasurable and too vague for my taste.