good thing everyone ripped manuel

Molto

It's interesting that Jerry let him walk to the mound however before replacing him. If he said he was pooped, why did he go out to the mound?

That's because JM is full of it. Bartolo asked to be taken out because he was fatigued but JM lets him take the mound and get in his warm-up tosses just to take him out of the game?

Dusty Baker said yesterday after the Sox beat the Cubs 7-6 that he never gave Goodwin a steal sign. How many of you believe that?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing do, in today's game. Why didn't manuel Bunt Willie over after the passball?? DJ only had 1 strike on him and there was no outs. That resulted in nobdy scoring.

The umpiring today sucked and that with the fact that I had to listen to Chimp and Stoney.... :puke

Would you admit to being out-smarted by Jerry?  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No. But if you believe Colon was tired after being put on the mound to warm-up for the bottom of the 8th when O'Leary was on the on-deck circle during the bottom of the 7th and that Dusty Baker didn't give Goodwin the sign to steal..... then I have a bridge in Nairobi to sell you for $1000.00 :rolleyes: .

Guest hotsoxchick1
once again, I would've kept Colon in, but look at it this way.

if you are the manager and your pitcher tells you to have someone ready because you won't be able to finish it, you figure "okay, we'll start him", BUT not when the first guy to bat that inning in a one run game has a career .320 batting average against that pitcher, AND is a lefty the same side the best reliever you have pitches from.

You are right, it was a tough call, and Manuel made a decision.

I find it more of a question as to why Colon, after 97 pitches, was tiring, when we've been told all along how he gets stronger as the game goes on. I'm on record as being down on Colon, and thought he had 'stepped up' for this game. Now I don't think so.

colon being tired in a game surprises anyone on here???? why???? its not like he hasnt done it before....just ask clevelanders how many times hes gone out and then said hes tired take him out......he has a history of it..........no surprise... glad jm pulled him.......

I don't have much of a problem with Stone.  He's pretty objective.  He has too much respect for the game to be otherwise.  His running mate needs a job change.

Another Moronic comment from Chimp.

Grudzelanik scored the Go-ahead run. LOL Moron he scored the tying run. What game ya watching Idiot, does your eyebrow weigh so much that you can't see?

Even stone tought that was striek 2 to Grud and that Maggs was safe at second, than the umps complain about the cameras... Hey there Human and make mistakes fine, But man be consistent with your strike zone

Guest Ncorgbl
once again, I would've kept Colon in, but look at it this way.

if you are the manager and your pitcher tells you to have someone ready because you won't be able to finish it, you figure "okay, we'll start him", BUT not when the first guy to bat that inning in a one run game has a career .320 batting average against that pitcher, AND is a lefty the same side the best reliever you have pitches from.

You are right, it was a tough call, and Manuel made a decision.

I find it more of a question as to why Colon, after 97 pitches, was tiring, when we've been told all along how he gets stronger as the game goes on. I'm on record as being down on Colon, and thought he had 'stepped up' for this game. Now I don't think so.

colon being tired in a game surprises anyone on here???? why???? its not like he hasnt done it before....just ask clevelanders how many times hes gone out and then said hes tired take him out......he has a history of it..........no surprise... glad jm pulled him.......

I think he quit on us today. I don't think he wants to be here, he's quoted as saying he waits to see if the team will hit before he shows up. I thought he had stepped up today, usually giving up runs early, today he went 7 innings, no runs, a few walks, but if this $12+ million wannabe who has a reputation as getting stronger as the game goes on get's 'tired' after 97 pitches, it reenforces launching him in my mind. Trade this tub of goo.

Another Moronic comment from Chimp.

Grudzelanik scored the Go-ahead run. LOL Moron he scored the tying run. What game ya watching Idiot, does your eyebrow weigh so much that you can't see?

Even stone tought that was striek 2 to Grud and that Maggs was safe at second, than the umps complain about the cameras... Hey there Human and make mistakes fine, But man be consistent with your strike zone

I think the umpire was very consistent with his strike zone today. He missed a couple of pitches early (one called outside which became a strike soon after, and one he called a strike that was too low) and the one late with Marte. Other than that, I thought he was fine. (if you don't like his zone fine, but he was consistent except those 3 or so pitches).

Even if he calls the second strike against Grudz, you can't assume the next pitch gets him out just because that one was a strike. Hitters hit differently based on the count, so you can't assume the results would have been different just because of one missed strike. Not that I wouldn't have liked to have that call...

Guest hotsoxchick1

like i said talk to cleveland ......he has a reputation of asking to be pulled out...i believe it was during a game last season against minny when he had some good stuff going, he asked to be pulled in the 5th.........me thinks hes had one too many ding dongs or suzy q's in his diet..........hey did they send his green excersize bike over with him when he came??? im thinking he really needs to dust that thing off and start pedaling...... ;) :lol:

like i said talk to cleveland ......he has a reputation of asking to be pulled out...i believe it was during a game last season against minny when he had some good stuff going, he asked to be pulled in the 5th.........me thinks hes had one too many ding dongs or suzy q's in his diet..........hey did they send his green excersize bike over with him when he came??? im thinking he really needs to dust that thing off and start pedaling...... ;)  :lol:

Ding Dongs and Suzy Q's are good! LOL

Guest hotsoxchick1
Little Debbie Swiss Rolls actually  :)

ok so i was close.. same damn thing arent they??? lol.........anything but twinkies.. i cant stomache those............ :puke

ok so i was close.. same damn thing arent they??? lol.........anything but twinkies.. i cant stomache those............ :puke

Actually, I liked Chocodiles. They never quite got the respect that the others did, but they were quite tasty. LOL

Guest hotsoxchick1
Actually, I liked Chocodiles.  They never quite got the respect that the others did, but they were quite tasty.  LOL

what about moon pies.. now your talkin a good sweet treat.........never had chocodiles before.......

Guest Ncorgbl
what about moon pies.. now your talkin a good sweet treat.........never had chocodiles before.......

I'd have thought our 'tub of goo' would gobble up the chocolate covered churros.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'd have thought our 'tub of goo' would gobble up the chocolate covered churros.

lol.. only cause zach wouldnt let him near the funnel cakes........he likes those better i hear...... ;)

While watching the game, when JM took Colon out, I posted a resounding "NOOOOOOOOOO!" on the game thread. As far as the game situation, the way Colon was throwing, I thought it was a bad move at the time. I repeat, at that time, not after Marte gave up the runs. I still, of course, feel that it was a bad move. But if Colon wimped out, what could Jerry do?

The general concensus of the angry villagers was that Colon would be ticked off about being pulled only to see Marte implode, and he'd really let the coaches have it in the post-game interview. If he's mad, then he pparently he is also good at anger management. From the iterview...

Afterward, Colon did not complain about being removed from the game.

"There is still a lot of time in the season to win games," he said. "I wasn't upset at all. That's the manager's decision and I stand by it."

Something stupid like the facts usually don't do much to calm a mob of angry villagers anyway.  The bad economy and monkeypox are probably also Manuel's fault based on the reactions of some folks around here.

Bad economy is JM fault. Lack of success has caused people not to replace their Yankee caps with Sox caps thereby causing cap manufacturers and retailers into a tailspin. This has a ripple effect in teh apparel industry as sales of matching shirts, etc. haven't taken off as well. The lack of guys heading to the mall to pick up their new caps causes traffic in the mall to drop also reducing the pull through sales to otehr retailers. See JM is responsible for the bad economy. :D

there were a few who didn't blame him, but I like how SOO MANY people like to open their mouths before knowing the complete truth, whether history would back them up or not.

I figured Bart must be hurting. No way he lets JM take him out.

Good game, despite the outcome. It was hotter then hell there.