BEARS in THE SUPERBOWL!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
Peyton Manning is named MVP. Um....no! Addai and Rhodes should be Co.

EXACTLY!!

Anyways I knew the Bears were in trouble when Hester returned the opening kick-off......I had seen how this played out already...

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 03:19 AM)
EXACTLY!!

Anyways I knew the Bears were in trouble when Hester returned the opening kick-off......I had seen how this played out already...

LOL, it was the first thing I thought of too when I saw him hit the endzone. And it could have easily been just as bad had Peyton wanted it to be. The Colts just toyed with them the whole game.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
Peyton Manning is named MVP. Um....no! Addai and Rhodes should be Co.

There's no doubt about that. Regardless of the game he had, you knew he wasn't going to be denied MVP in his first Superbowl victory. Addai could have rushed for 300 yards and Manning would have been the MVP.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
LOL, it was the first thing I thought of too when I saw him hit the endzone. And it could have easily been just as bad had Peyton wanted it to be. The Colts just toyed with them the whole game.

Yeah I was watching the game with some OSU friends and we were all thinking the same thing. Its a shame it came true.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
Grossman was horrid and the Bears had a horrible game plan imo, the Bears were just totally outclassed today.

out game planned? Yes

Terrible execution? Yes

Outclassed? i don't think so.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
out game planned? Yes

Terrible execution? Yes

Outclassed? i don't think so.

I don't think the Colts are that much better than the Bears but they dominated that game. The Bears were in it for the whole game but Indy really did have control of the game the whole time.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
I don't think the Colts are that much better than the Bears but they dominated that game. The Bears were in it for the whole game but Indy really did have control of the game the whole time.

Agreed, it looked like the bears would have control after the kickoff and then again after the TD, but then the colts just ripped it away from them.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
He's just saying the Colts outplayed the Bears in every facet of the game. He's not saying the Bears did anything that wasn't classy.

Gotcha. I thought I missed something.

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
He means that the Colts' play was in a class above the Bears' today.

TY.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
Failed to heed Ron Burgundy's "Stay Classy, Chicago Bears" advice apparently.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
He means that the Colts' play was in a class above the Bears' today.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
He's just saying the Colts outplayed the Bears in every facet of the game. He's not saying the Bears did anything that wasn't classy.

Yup.

Yikes... Peggy Kusinski water logged is not a pretty sight.

What's up with the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen on channel 5..? Apparently none of the morons calling in with comments are Sox fans as I have seen at least a dozen times sic "Chicago teams always choke". :huh

The Bears as a team disgraced the city of Chicago today.

If Jerry Jones is really interested, I'd love to have a couple 1st round draft picks. I'm just so f***ing sick of watching the cover 2, it seems the only person employed by the Bears that even wants to run the cover 2 is Lovie Smith and maybe Angelo I really don't know. Rivera doesn't care for the defense, all of the players not on the D-Line have spoke out on how they dislike it and one of the greatest players in Bears history, Brian Urlacher hates it because it takes away most all of his playmaking capabilities.

I don't see why Lovie Smith deserves a contract extension at this point, I'm sure they'll lock him up in the coming weeks but if Jones does come a'knockin' Ted Phillips should grant him permission to talk. 2 first rounders is the asking price, that's what it cost the Bucs for Gruden and he didn't have Lovie's track record of success.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
The Bears as a team disgraced the city of Chicago today.

I don't see why Lovie Smith deserves a contract extension at this point, I'm sure they'll lock him up in the coming weeks but if Jones does come a'knockin' Ted Phillips should grant him permission to talk. 2 first rounders is the asking price, that's what it cost the Bucs for Gruden and he didn't have Lovie's track record of success.

They played like crap, but to say the disgraced the city is a joke.

The team has improved in each of the 3 years Lovie has been here. NFC title, post season wins. He should get an extension.

Who else are we gonna hire that would not cause the team to regress?

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
They played like crap, but to say the disgraced the city is a joke.

The team has improved in each of the 3 years Lovie has been here. NFC title, post season wins. He should get an extension.

Who else are we gonna hire that would not cause the team to regress?

The disgraced comment was tongue in cheek.

Honestly, I just can't stand to watch this conservative mess for another season. I'd love to see Ron Rivera take over the Head coaching job. I HATE the cover 2.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
Honestly, I just can't stand to watch this conservative mess for another season. I'd love to see Ron Rivera take over the Head coaching job. I HATE the cover 2.

I agree about the cover 2. I think our secondary is fast enough to cover guys one on one, as long as we bump at the line every once in awhile.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
Kalapse: What does Urlacher suggest we put in place?

What would you put in place?

A standard 4-3 defense similar to that of the Eagles with hardcore blitz packages and man to man coverage on the outside, you can't run the cover 2 when your safeties are terrible in coverage. Rivera learned quite a bit under Jim Johnson when he was on the Eagles coaching staff and I really think he could make this defense unstoppable.

I don't know what Urlacher likes but an Eagles style D would really emphasize his many talents.

First of all, I've refrained from saying anything, 'cause most of you know I'm a Colts fan.

Today was the Colts day, and I'll tell you - the Bears (this team anyway) was classy in every sense of the word because there were a lot of plays that after it was over, both sides of the ball were helping each other up, etc. You don't see that much anymore. Lovie Smith is a damn fine man, and his team plays like its coach.

And Rex Grossman, thank you for sucking so bad! :D

Good season, and I'm really happy the Colts won. Over-rated no more!