BEARS in THE SUPERBOWL!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
WRONG. Sorry, but Manning and the Colts D did not beat the Bears. The Bears today truly did beat themselves. (Thats not taking anything away from the Colts. I'm really not trying to do that at all) I just don't believe the Colts were clearly better.

First downs 24-11 (With three minutes left in the third quarter, the Colts had 20 first downs, the Bears 4)

Yards 430-265

Bears had 10 offensive points. Sure it was a 'game' til the Colts opened it up in the 4th quarter, but the Colts controlled the game the entire time. Could have been a blowout if the Colts got into the endzone in the 3rd quarter instead of settling for short FG's. The Bears didn't play that well, but they got outplayed all over the field (as did the coaches). The better team won. I can't look back on this game and say the Bears beat themselves. Could they have played a bit better sure (Colts could have as well), but they got beat up.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
Yikes... Peggy Kusinski water logged is not a pretty sight.

What's up with the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen on channel 5..? Apparently none of the morons calling in with comments are Sox fans as I have seen at least a dozen times sic "Chicago teams always choke". :huh

INteresting fact. Before last night, when a Chicago team has made an appearence in a championship, they had won 7 straight times, and 8 of the last 9 dating back to the Bears in 86.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 08:22 AM)
INteresting fact. Before last night, when a Chicago team has made an appearence in a championship, they had won 7 straight times, and 8 of the last 9 dating back to the Bears in 86.

Damn Bears, had to ruin what the Sox and MJ did for this city. :P

I'm just joking Bears fans, don't kill me.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 08:22 AM)

I must be missing something - who lost? Bears won Super Bowl XX, Sox won in 2005, Bulls won six championships and I don't think any of those three teams lost one. Cubs never went, and I didn't think the Hawks had either. ???

By the way, I have to say again:

Rex Grossman = Mike Tomczak

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 08:28 AM)
I must be missing something - who lost? Bears won Super Bowl XX, Sox won in 2005, Bulls won six championships and I don't think any of those three teams lost one. Cubs never went, and I didn't think the Hawks had either. ???

By the way, I have to say again:

Rex Grossman = Mike Tomczak

The Hawks were in the Stanley Cup sometimes in the 90's, maybe?

I know people don't like to blame one person for a loss but Rex was with out a doubt the main reason the Bears lost this game. The Bears defense wasn't great at all but they were keeping the Bears in the game before Rex completely gave Indy the game. I mean Rex had 3 turnovers, he was absolutely pathetic.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
I know people don't like to blame one person for a loss but Rex was with out a doubt the main reason the Bears lost this game. The Bears defense wasn't great at all but they were keeping the Bears in the game before Rex completely gave Indy the game. I mean Rex had 3 turnovers, he was absolutely pathetic.

I really wish the offensive line could have stepped up instead of playing like b****es but yeah Rex was pretty horrible. It just proves once and for all that if you get even a decent pass rush against Grossman and get in his face a little he will make some big time mistakes. Even with that though this defense is supposed to be better than that, if they tackle even a little yesterday they still would have had a chance even with Rex throwing the ball up to Colts DBs.

[sung to the tune of the Super Bowl Shuffle]

I'm INT Rex, that's my name

In any situation the result is the same

When the pressure's on and I think in a hurry

I throw it to a player in the other team's jersey

Now I'm not here to make you happy

I'm here to blow the game because I'm so damn crappy

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
At least I'm not the only one wondering why the Hell he was playing Best of you.

Foo Fighters have covered at least two Prince songs – Darling Nikki, and Drive Me Wild – so it was payback time I guess. I know Prince really disliked the Foo's Darling Nikki, and Grohl was pretty hurt and apologetic when Prince told him that, because he is a pretty big Prince fan and it was intended as a tribute.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 10:00 AM)
Foo Fighters have covered at least two Prince songs – Darling Nikki, and Drive Me Wild – so it was payback time I guess. I know Prince really disliked the Foo's Darling Nikki, and Grohl was pretty hurt and apologetic when Prince told him that, because he is a pretty big Prince fan and it was intended as a tribute.

Didn't Prince write Best of you?

My gripes;

2nd and 1 with an empty backfield?????

Fumble on KO kept the Defense on the field which led to their demise for the remainder of he game

Clark dropped a good pass

The holding call was huge

Grossman not running for the first down when he had the chance. His mobility is the biggest issue because it is compounded by his height.

I thought over all the D was not the problem. The problem was the play calling on O and the turnovers.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 11:26 AM)
Didn't Prince write Best of you?

Not as far as anything I can find. The CD is at home and I'll check later.

wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_of_You

Prince covered the song during the halftime show at Super Bowl XLI in Miami, Florida, on February 4, 2007.

Some observations...

Like THE WOOD said, apparently housing the opening kickoff is a bad idea -- but it was an exhilarating way to start things off.

Both lines were manhandled -- it was a dominant performance by Indy. I tip my hats to them. I personally would have named Addai the MVP, but I understand that this was Peyton's Super Bowl, so obviously he was going to win it.

If you have a genuine rooting interest in a Super Bowl, do not go to a big party, even if the party is being hosted by people who like the same team you do. Man was it hard for me to watch the game. One idiot in particular kept standing up in front of the TV. The quietest it got all night was during K-Fed's commercial (the party was mostly musicians). The discussion of fave TV shows, Fantasy Football teams, etc., will drive you nuts.

I was impressed that Prince played outside in the rain, thought it went pretty well.

If your squad loses, a post-game home Karaoke session (and plenty of booze, and a half-hour session of texting Caddyshack quotes back and forth) does wonders for your mood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pitchers and Catchers in a couple of weeks!