BEARS in THE SUPERBOWL!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
Actually Hunter appears to be a staple on the defense since he signed that nice sized deal in the offseason, he's a damn good player and Lovie/Rivera seem to love him. The most replaceable player would probably be Tank since he likely won't be back next year followed by one of A. Brown and Adawale considering their contract size and the awesomeness that is Mark Anderson and the safeties are pretty damn replaceable as well.

Talk about a f***ing gamer, the guy is a pretty good RB but is sticking it out on special teams and has actually become the second best special teamer behind Ayanbadajo. He'll be in the running for my second jersey along with Mark Anderson and P-Nut Tillman.

Tillman is emerging as one of the elite CB's in the NFL, imo.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)
you'll see manning for a couple years dude.

Danielle is fast and all but he's been pretty brutal over the past 6-7 weeks, he took an absolutely terrible route on Reggie Bush today and was destroyed in coverage on more than one occasion the past few weeks. If he comes out playing like this next year he's not just going to be handed a job.

I haven't seen the Saints game a second time yet so I can't really comment on today's game but I've watched the Seahawks game a few times and he was just brutal in that one. I expect him to get better and all but he better pick it up pretty quick.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:12 AM)
Tillman is emerging as one of the elite CB's in the NFL, imo.

He'll still catch s*** from Bears fans for whatever reason but he's had an awesome playoffs thus far, he's been an unbelievable tackler and has been beat in coverage twice so far that I've seen, the one today where he lost his footing and another time against he Seahawks which resulted in a 12 yard gain. I still don't get it why people ride him so hard the guy has been outstanding all year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)
He'll be in the running for my second jersey along with Mark Anderson and P-Nut Tillman.

Mark Anderson is fun, but a Tillman jersey would be tight. And maybe I'm just kind of goofy, but I would just have it say 'Peanut'.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)
Actually Hunter appears to be a staple on the defense since he signed that nice sized deal in the offseason, he's a damn good player and Lovie/Rivera seem to love him. The most replaceable player would probably be Tank since he likely won't be back next year followed by one of A. Brown and Adawale considering their contract size and the awesomeness that is Mark Anderson and the safeties are pretty damn replaceable as well.

I actually forgot about Hunter's contract extension.. I'm ashamed. I also forgot to mention Jason McKie, who was also in talks for my second jersey this afternoon.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
I actually forgot about Hunter's contract extension.. I'm ashamed. I also forgot to mention Jason McKie, who was also in talks for my second jersey this afternoon.

Good call on that one, the Bears tend to have some serious turnover at the FB position under Jerry Angelo (Damon Shelton, Marc Edwards, Bryan Johnson) but Jason just might be a staple for the next few years since he actually has some value as a receiver out of the backfield. Of course is Runnels develops quick McKie could be cut since the Bears seem to really like Gabe Reid as a #2 TE/FB.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
Looking at NFLShop.com now, they don't even have Hunter Hillenmeyer as an option for the custom jerseys (link). What's that about?

Blatant racism.

2 guys had just absolutely huge games yesterday but aren't going to get much credit for it. Well 1 more than the other.

Desmond Clark was just spectacular run blocking, every huge whole you saw open up for Ced or Jones was lead by a big seal off from Des. The big 33 yard run from TJ was lead off by an exceptionally awesome block from Clark where he completely took out his man.

I know he only had 1 catch yesterday but Moose Muhammid had some fantastic blocks as well. The has to be one of the better run blocking WR out there, any run to the outside was accompanied by Moose keeping his man at bay. Kudos to the two of them.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:13 AM)
At least nothing is going to change. Obviously early, but everyone is already picking the Colts.

Please, keep making the Bears underdogs. Please.

we knew everyone would take the afc team........the colts should be no problem, blitz manning get in his head and watch him piss down his leg.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:13 AM)
At least nothing is going to change. Obviously early, but everyone is already picking the Colts.

Please, keep making the Bears underdogs. Please.

LOL, I was watching the game with my neighbor, and he was cheering for the Saints. I asked him why, and he said "because I like cheering for the underdogs."

I just laughed and was like "Dude, you DO realize that like EVERY person on earth has picked the Saints to win this game, right? Doesn't that make them the favorites?"

then it was "(speechless)"

Go freakin' Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, brings back fond memories of singing Super Bowl Shuffle in junior high. And this just a season after the World Series. Yes!!!

Grossman still scares the bejeezus out of me. He has serious Mike Tomczak disease - telegraphs his passes pretty badly, and doesn't know how to check down. That's why he has been so hot or cold, depending on whether or not the opposing defense is good enough to see him do it. But, he's got a good arm and some talented receivers, and he sure as heck got it done yesterday. Maybe he's finding his way past his problem.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 04:25 AM)
Steal of the draft in my opinion. Much love to Jerry Angelo.

He was WAY too fast off the edge for the colts. Not to mention he looked 100% better than at the start of the season against running plays. The guy is somewhat a freak of nature.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 08:25 AM)
He was WAY too fast off the edge for the colts Saints. Not to mention he looked 100% better than at the start of the season against running plays. The guy is somewhat a freak of nature.

Im pretty sure thats what you meant. :)

And you are 100 percent right. It was insane how fast he was getting out of his stance when Brees said hike. There was a big deal made about how rare it is to sack Brees and how the Saints dont turn the ball over much, and the Bears totally dominated both of those categories yesterday.

I dont understand how Rex didnt have a good game to tell you the truth. Given the conditions, and the fact that he didnt have any turnovers, I was really happy with how he managed the game. The Bears knew this game was going to be won on the ground, and thats what they did. The passing game was secondary yesterday, and Rex's numbers refected that.

Edited by kyyle23