BEARS in THE SUPERBOWL!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 08:43 AM)
Guys, don't take offense, but what's with all the love for the orange jerseys? Maybe it's just the fact that I like the more 'classic' jerseys, but I can't stand those and would never even consider buying an orange one. You guys just dig the color, or...?

I'm with Felix. I just really like the Orange jerseys. If Benson becomes the runner we think he will be, that'll be my next jersey, and that one will be in Navy blue.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
Exactly, that's why I added "in my mind". I'm the weirdo who you see wearing the Mackowiak or Maynard jersey, I just don't see the point in wearing a jersey that every other person at the game is wearing and besides my favorite players are often unpopular or overlooked by the general fanbase.

Like my game used White Sox #24 Warren Newson jersey. I'm with you. Go for the obscure and rare jersey instead of the popular ones.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)
I'm with Felix. I just really like the Orange jerseys. If Benson becomes the runner we think he will be, that'll be my next jersey, and that one will be in Navy blue.

As one of Benson's biggest backers, that could very well be my next (I'm finally going to buy a white one). Albeit all of my football jerseys are reebok replicas (well the Conway is technically a Nike replica and maybe McNown was when Addidas was doing the Bears jerseys).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
As one of Benson's biggest backers, that could very well be my next (I'm finally going to buy a white one). Albeit all of my football jerseys are reebok replicas (well the Conway is technically a Nike replica and maybe McNown was when Addidas was doing the Bears jerseys).

My 1st was a replica Urlacher jersey in White. I had that one for years and outgrew it. Then I bought the Authentic Orange Berrian jersey and next will be an Authentic Benson jersey in Navy blue. Still considering getting a Tommie Harris or Nathan Vasher one though.

I have Peanut (blue), Briggs (white), and Payton (blue) jerseys. If Jones get launched this offseason (which I think he will), Benson (probably in Orange) is next. I just love the way he runs. I just hope I don't have to get a replacement jersey for Briggs, WE HAVE 22 MILLION IN CAP ROOM, PAY THE MAN!!

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 08:57 AM)
I have Peanut (blue), Briggs (white), and Payton (blue) jerseys. If Jones get launched this offseason (which I think he will), Benson (probably in Orange) is next. I just love the way he runs. I just hope I don't have to get a replacement jersey for Briggs, WE HAVE 22 MILLION IN CAP ROOM, PAY THE MAN!!

I have an blue Berrian, white Mike Brown, and an authentic orange Urlacher. The authentic is kind of a knockoff so technically it's not an authentic. The stripes on the sleeves are a different material so I got it for $100. But basically it's the same. The numbers are kind of fading on the Brown, so for my next jersey I'm getting another white one. I'm thinking Benson, Harris, or peanut.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
noooooooooooo

People simply don't realize how much a dropoff this team will have if Briggs goes. There is NO linebacking depth on this team, and Briggs is one of the 3 best OLB's (either OLB spot) in the game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
People simply don't realize how much a dropoff this team will have if Briggs goes. There is NO linebacking depth on this team, and Briggs is one of the 3 best OLB's (either OLB spot) in the game.

Asante Samuel is asking for big money, he might be worth it. I will admit to not seeing New England play on a weekly basis, but damn, he seems to be one of the best corners in all of football. Just the way he jumps routes (seemingly) all the time, his quickness and speed...

I'm fine with Grossman backed up by Griese as our QB situation. We don't need a great QB in here, just an average one, and I think Rex can be that.

We're looking pretty good in the immediate future, really. Maybe if you can get a little younger on the O-line, that'd be nice, but other than that...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
Asante Samuel is asking for big money, he might be worth it. I will admit to not seeing New England play on a weekly basis, but damn, he seems to be one of the best corners in all of football. Just the way he jumps routes (seemingly) all the time, his quickness and speed...

I'm fine with Grossman backed up by Griese as our QB situation. We don't need a great QB in here, just an average one, and I think Rex can be that.

We're looking pretty good in the immediate future, really. Maybe if you can get a little younger on the O-line, that'd be nice, but other than that...

I wouldn't be shocked if we signed one of the bigger named guards (if we do lose Briggs) in addition to going after a lb'er via free agency to replace him (again if we lose him). And yes, we have money but we also have numerous guys that are due to get extensions (Vasher and I think Tillman may be due for another extension...plus Tommie Harris, Bernard Berrian and Rex Grossman). We also have Ian Scott as a FA and considering we aren't sure how Harris will come back from his injury there could be some benefit to bringing Scott back as an insurance plan.

So basically, yes we are in a great position cap wise but at the same time JA is going to have some tough decisions upon him when it comes to who to extend, who not to extend, etc. Oh and we could also look at safety via FA (since thats typically a position where the good FA's don't end up breaking the bank).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)

Oh I wasn't referring to the Bears need for OLB depth, or how vital Briggs is. I just want the Bills to sign him, and they are interested in him, so, hence, nooooooooo

I think it's quite apparent that he is valuable to this Bears team.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 24, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
Oh I wasn't referring to the Bears need for OLB depth, or how vital Briggs is. I just want the Bills to sign him, and they are interested in him, so, hence, nooooooooo

I think it's quite apparent that he is valuable to this Bears team.

OHHH ok that makes sense. My best friend is a Tampa Bay fan, and he echoes your sentiments. Briggs and Asante Samuel are going to be RICH though, I know that much.

As for the Bears....we need some LB depth (and keep Briggs), as well as a couple OL (they are SO old right now) and perhaps another TE and certainly one more WR. Get it done in April, Jerry.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
Skip Bayless was arguing today that Brian Urlacher is better than Butkus and Singletary and a bunch of other stuff about how great Urlacher is. What do you guys think about that? (I don't know what to think, really, except that Urlacher is amazing.)

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=924

;)

You know that Berrian catch is easily one of the greatest catches ever by a Bears receiver and has to be one of the best in Playoff history I'm just surprised (or maybe I'm not) that it's really not getting much national pub. I suppose if it were Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens who made the grab it would be running on a 24 hour cycle on ESPN2 it's just a damn shame that Bernard isn't getting a little more publicity for one of the greatest catches I've ever seen.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
You know that Berrian catch is easily one of the greatest catches ever by a Bears receiver and has to be one of the best in Playoff history I'm just surprised (or maybe I'm not) that it's really not getting much national pub. I suppose if it were Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens who made the grab it would be running on a 24 hour cycle on ESPN2 it's just a damn shame that Bernard isn't getting a little more publicity for one of the greatest catches I've ever seen.

It's because he hasn't given himself a self-proclaimed nickname or b****ed at coaches while then following it up with an Irish jig (otherwise known as the Ashlee Simpson two-step) in the endzone.

If he was like "YO CALL ME BB, CUZ I'M AS FAST AS A BB OUT OF A GUN" or some other stupid s*** such as that, then he would be loved by everyone from ESPN and his clip would be considered one of the best of all time.

It's the same general philosophy that makes Uribe's into-the-stands catch in game 4 inferior to Derek Jeter's dive into the stands, even though only one of them caught the ball WHILE in the stands.