Where should i move

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
26 years old...i work in the loop as well.

I want a place with parking and at least 2 bedrooms.

There are a few condo's off Harrison near Congress in the $330 range I know of. Def 2 bedrooms, not sure about parking. Is that a must?

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
26 years old...i work in the loop as well.

I want a place with parking and at least 2 bedrooms.

I live on west madison. In the west loop which is one of the more popular places for people working in the loop to live now a days. I either walk 5 blocks to work or I take the bus. Either way its a 12 min commute. I bought a 2 bed 2 bath condo with a parking space last dec for a good price. I would always recommend my neighborhood. Also its very easy access to get to US Cellular.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 09:26 AM)
I live on west madison. In the west loop which is one of the more popular places for people working in the loop to live now a days. I either walk 5 blocks to work or I take the bus. Either way its a 12 min commute. I bought a 2 bed 2 bath condo with a parking space last dec for a good price. I would always recommend my neighborhood. Also its very easy access to get to US Cellular.

How far down on west madison???

If you're looking to buy, go just west of Western, between Harrison and Roosevelt. Sure parts of the area are still kinda shady, but if you wait it out, the value of your place should boom. After the upcoming construction season, a lot of those old properties should be converted.

There is also a blue line stop, the 290 and a few bus lines nearby.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 09:02 AM)
West loop and across the Kennedy into Greektown are supposed to be still bargains. I know Rockraines and Whitesoxwilkes from WSI live out there.

It aint a bargin where K&M live.

If you want a short commute to downtown, reasonable prices for a condo, fun stuff to do and easy transportation access... Bucktown is a good call. Not cheap, but not as expensive as LP, River North or Streeterville.

I live a few blocks from the blue line - 10 minutes to downtown. Also a few blocks from the Metra UP-N and UP-NW lines - 8 minutes to downtown. Near the Kennedy. And I can walk to dozens of restaurants and bars, a movie theatre, health club, etc. within a mile. And, your friends can actually find parking on the street in a lot of areas, unlike the aforementioned other neighborhoods. No high rises - less dense, but still urban.

Its pretty perfect, as far as I'm concerned.