Where should i move

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
If you're looking to buy, go just west of Western, between Harrison and Roosevelt. Sure parts of the area are still kinda shady, but if you wait it out, the value of your place should boom. After the upcoming construction season, a lot of those old properties should be converted.

There is also a blue line stop, the 290 and a few bus lines nearby.

If people start buying there. I've heard they've been having a really hard time trying to sell units there.

Figured I would post this here since I need some help too. Right now I am living and working in Schaumburg. However, I am pretty bored lately and looking to move. I would like to move somewhere closer to Chicago or into the city itself. I have looked at a variety of places and need suggestions. Anybody? :)

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
Figured I would post this here since I need some help too. Right now I am living and working in Schaumburg. However, I am pretty bored lately and looking to move. I would like to move somewhere closer to Chicago or into the city itself. I have looked at a variety of places and need suggestions. Anybody? :)

Well, I found that Rogers Park is still affordable, and there's a good deal of development going on up here. It all depends on what you're looking for, I guess.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 02:31 AM)

bored of Schaumburg? cmon its like a mini city in itself :)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
If people start buying there. I've heard they've been having a really hard time trying to sell units there.

Right, you can talk the price waaaay down. If you wait it out, it might pay off. As people move further and further beyond the west loop, they might start buying there.

It depends on what he wants. If he wants an area that is established and already has a lot going on, then this is probably not the area for him.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 12:23 PM)
Right, you can talk the price waaaay down. If you wait it out, it might pay off. As people move further and further beyond the west loop, they might start buying there.

It depends on what he wants. If he wants an area that is established and already has a lot going on, then this is probably not the area for him.

Very true. As a college student, I was looking to rent an apartment with a couple of friends and we found this killer pad around there with a jacuzzi in the master bedroom all for 1200 a month. It just wasnt for us though. We all work late and we didn't want to take a risk.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 09:27 AM)
How far down on west madison???

i live on the corner of madison and morgan. The area is not a bargain like has been said before. its actually moved in the 3rd most expensive neghborhood in chicago. But there ARE a few areas in the west loop, epecially in the winter than can be had for under market price and should make you a pretty penny.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
i live on the corner of madison and morgan. The area is not a bargain like has been said before. its actually moved in the 3rd most expensive neghborhood in chicago. But there ARE a few areas in the west loop, epecially in the winter than can be had for under market price and should make you a pretty penny.

Could you name a few so that I can do some research? :cheers

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 05:21 PM)
Could you name a few so that I can do some research? :cheers

unfortunatley, alot of the good places will only be accessed by agents taking you on tours. So far they are building a few new units near me, but I think they are all luxury places.

www.livepurechicago.com they are building right across the street from me

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
unfortunatley, alot of the good places will only be accessed by agents taking you on tours. So far they are building a few new units near me, but I think they are all luxury places.

www.livepurechicago.com they are building right across the street from me

Thanks Rock.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
Thanks Rock.

no problem. I tried doing it by myself, then I got a guy to take me around. He showed me ALOT of places, im not a loft type of guy, so it took a little while. Once he brought me to my current place, I knew I wanted it and closed in 10 days immediately. If you catch a seller at the right time, you can get a great deal in a great location. My commute went from 30 min to 12 min that quickly.