Was today really that bad

KipWellsFan

Hey we beat the Cubs in the series. Our "big tub of goo" pitched great. The Cubbies seemed to be getting all the breaks and in the end we only lost 2-1. I say MEH! because to be honest I'm tired of whining about what the Sox do. In the end it's just a game. And games are supposed to be fun.

Hey we beat the Cubs in the series.  Our "big tub of goo" pitched great.  The Cubbies seemed to be getting all the breaks and in the end we only lost 2-1.  I say MEH! because to be honest I'm tired of whining about what the Sox do.  In the end it's just a game.  And games are supposed to be fun.

I'll agree with you Kipper!

Hey we beat the Cubs in the series.  Our "big tub of goo" pitched great.  The Cubbies seemed to be getting all the breaks and in the end we only lost 2-1.  I say MEH! because to be honest I'm tired of whining about what the Sox do.  In the end it's just a game.  And games are supposed to be fun.

Yes it did matter because we had the game in our pockets. Before our bullpen chocked. Yes it did matter because we had a chance to sweep the scrubbies and silence all northsiders. Yes it did matter because now all the Chicago media is gonna be talking about the great cubs comeback and the first two games will be history. Yes it did matter because we had a chance to gain so much momentum going into the Twins series.

With all the close games we've blown, all of them will matter come October when the Sox will be watching the playoffs from their couches.

Yes it did matter because we had the game in our pockets. Before our bullpen chocked. Yes it did matter because we had a chance to sweep the scrubbies and silence all northsiders. Yes it did matter because now all the Chicago media is gonna be talking about the great cubs comeback and the first two games will be history. Yes it did matter because we had a chance to gain so much momentum going into the Twins series.

With all the close games we've blown, all of them will matter come October when the Sox will be watching the playoffs from their couches.

I didn't say that it didn't matter, in fact it was very important.

I'm just kind of annoyed at the fact that it seems like Manuel did in fact make the right move in bringing in Marte and everyone is totally bashing him. And the Cubs beat Marte, simple as that.

Everyone is saying that we should have won, any yes we should have but we didn't, s*** happens, and for us White Sox fans s*** happens more often get used to it, and get over it.

:cheers

I didn't say that it didn't matter, in fact it was very important. 

I'm just kind of annoyed at the fact that it seems like Manuel did in fact make the right move in bringing in Marte and everyone is totally bashing him. And the Cubs beat Marte, simple as that. 

Everyone is saying that we should have won, any yes we should have but we didn't, s*** happens, and for us White Sox fans s*** happens more often get used to it, and get over it.

:cheers

I never accused you of saying that it didnt matter. I agree that JM did everything he should have done. Whatever the causes were, I'm just saying that its winnable games like this that will haunt us big time at the end of the season. And we have way too many games like this.

Good points Kip.

I disagree we should have lost yesterday.

Blowing a 7-run lead would not have been good.

How often does this team get a 7 run lead? .... They didn't feel comfortable way out there, so they let the Cubs back in it.