Soxtalk Community Prediction: Brian Anderson

Heads22

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 01:03 AM)
One of my favorite players. :headbang

Brian will hit .275, 15 HRs, 70 RBIs. To go along with GG caliber defense in CF. Where there's Brian Anderson's will, there's always a way.

I echo this prediction, however he will still strike out way too much. But those numbers and the solid D he plays will more than make up for it. All this is of course depending on Ozzie giving him the opportunity to play on a regular basis.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
Torii Hunter circa 1999 both offensively and defensively.

I'd like to believe he's capable of reaching those statistics -- but I can't. Atleast this upcoming season.

.235/.309/.380.

I'm not upset with these predictions, either. If other positional players with more experience hit, at the least, around career averages (esp. Uribe), our already potent offense won't be effected. Even if one reasonably assumes Thome/Crede/Dye are due for a dropoff, I'd say Anderson/Uribe could compensate for a little bit of the regression. Toby Hall should make a hell of an addition as well.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 05:38 PM)
.300avg 30 HR 20 steals & a gold glove award.

I'm just going to be crazy and hope that today and today only I have a special ability of predicting the future.

I'd like to amend your prediction: Brian Anderson will also cure cancer and negotiate a long-term peace agreament forthe Middle East; on his offdays.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
I'd like to believe he's capable of reaching those statistics -- but I can't. Atleast this upcoming season.

.235/.309/.380.

I'm not upset with these predictions, either. If other positional players with more experience hit, at the least, around career averages (esp. Uribe), our already potent offense won't be effected. Even if one reasonably assumes Thome/Crede/Dye are due for a dropoff, I'd say Anderson/Uribe could compensate for a little bit of the regression. Toby Hall should make a hell of an addition as well.

Why so low?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 06:49 PM)
Why so low?

How long did it take Joe Crede to figure things out with the bat once he got to the big leagues?

I think Anderson could and should be a lot better than that this season, but there's an awful lot of pitfalls that could prevent it.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
I just thought I was the only one who thought that BA would be miserable this year, too. Although I don't blame a lack of playing time -- I just don't think he's going to be anything special, or above average, with the bat, ever.

duly noted

QUOTE(bad at best @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 01:08 AM)
I'd say at or damn close to 260. Its his second full year, time shine.

I think he'll do it to. He averaged near that in the second half, right?

First 52 G, 129 AB: .163/.257/.295/.551, 2 2B, 5 HR, 15 RBI, 17 R

Final 83 G, 240 AB: .263/.313/.408/.721, 21 2B, 4 HR, 21 RBI, 30 R

So in other words, yes, yes he did.