Dahmer connected to Adam Walsh murder?

southsider2k5

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...nationworld-hed

Walsh case reviewed for Dahmer link

By Tim Jones

Tribune national correspondent

Published February 6, 2007

Authorities in South Florida said Monday they are re-examining statements in the unsolved 1981 slaying of 6-year-old Adam Walsh to see if the notorious serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer might have been Walsh's killer.

The possible link connecting the 26-year-old cold case and Dahmer, who was convicted of brutally killing 17 men and boys, comes in the wake of calls from two retired FBI agents to re-examine the possibility that Dahmer abducted and killed the youngster in the Miami suburb of Hollywood, Fla.

New questions about Dahmer's possible role in Walsh's killing are contained in a soon-to-be-published book by crime author Arthur Jay Harris. The book is based largely on the release of a 10,000-page investigative file on the Walsh slaying. Harris talked with two Florida men who said they saw a man fitting Dahmer's description on the day that Walsh was last seen. One of them said he saw a man carrying a struggling boy into a blue van that police believe was used in Walsh's abduction.

Authorities noted they took statements from the men in 1981. When asked Monday if the Hollywood Police Department will re-examine the case, Capt. Mark Smith, who leads investigations into cold cases, said through a spokeswoman he "has no new information" to act upon.

The Broward County state attorney's office left a small crack open, saying in a statement that "if necessary, we will interview those witnesses again to make sure nothing was missed."

The statement said the prosecutor's office had been in contact with John Walsh, Adam's father, the host of the TV show "America's Most Wanted." His office did not return a call.

Dahmer, a Milwaukee native, was convicted of killing at least 17 men and boys from 1978 to 1991. Some of the killings involved dismemberment and cannibalism. Dahmer briefly lived in Florida in 1981, at the time Adam Walsh disappeared. Under questioning, Dahmer repeatedly denied killing the boy.

He was killed by an inmate in 1994 in a Wisconsin prison.

----------

[email protected]

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
On another note, Charles Manson is up for parole this year.

not sure if it's on youtube or dailymotion.com, but about 10-15 years ago one of the major networks did an interview with Manson in prison. It was a female reporter, i think maybe Diane Sawyer. It is one of the most bizarre things you'll ever see. Stern, Steve Dahl and other radio guys use to play clips all the time.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 07:55 AM)
not sure if it's on youtube or dailymotion.com, but about 10-15 years ago one of the major networks did an interview with Manson in prison. It was a female reporter, i think maybe Diane Sawyer. It is one of the most bizarre things you'll ever see. Stern, Steve Dahl and other radio guys use to play clips all the time.

I've seen/heard various clips of Manson. One of the most striking things I heard him say was when he was released from prison some time ago. He said something along the lines of, "I'm still going to do what I do. Nothing can stop me. I'm not afraid of this place [prison]." Turns out he wasn't. And to put truth to it, prison is really the only "home" he's ever had.

Bugliosi's Prosecution of Manson might've been the greatest prosecution in American history for the sheer challenge of it.

Is this the interview some of you were talking about?

I'm amazed that anybody can be under this spell. I know plenty of homeless people who talk just like him.

Bah! The embed isn't working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhmtAmwnDQ